Winter Blitz

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Winter Blitz

Post by Primarch » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:14 pm

Hello one and all.

On January 30th we'll be kicking off the new year of gaming with the Winter Blitz.
This event is for small scale skirmish games, RPGs and board games. Big games like WFB and 40k have their own events and we dont have the table space here.

Entrance will be 1000 yen for the day (9:30 - 9:00) at the usual venue. This is a non-competitive event, just a chance to come along and play pick-up games with people from near and far.
There will be tables dedicated to:
Warmachine/Hordes
Mordheim
Necromunda
Malifaux
Blood Bowl

There will also be a 2' by 6' table (boardgames/RPGS) and a couple of 4' by 4' tables (skirmish wargames) free for anyone who wants to run a game of something.
If you want to run a game of something please read the guidelines below:
1. You must have enough models, terrain etc to allow 2 people to play. I can help with terrain if you PM me.
2. You must be able to finish the game in a couple of hours
3. Post in this thread that you want to run a game, give a rough time (morning, afternoon and evening) and see if you get any interest.

At similar "free-play" events people tend to turn up with 3 different games each and we never get to play even 1/2 of them. Ensure you will have players available for games at the times you will be there as otherwise you'll end up bringing everything for nothing.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Spevna

Re: Winter Blitz

Post by Spevna » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:46 pm

I am keen to run a game of Songs of Blades and Heroes for people. I will be able to supply all the stuff, no probs.

I have a suggestion. I think that anyone who wants to run a game at the event should start a thread in this section advertising their game, setting the scene, and letting people know the general gist of it. It will also provide a place to sign up for the event.
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Post by Mike the Pike » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:58 am

What? No Flames of War?
I was hoping to grab a couple of tables (only) and get some games going.
Morituri nolumus mori!

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:32 am

On the RPG front, I'll have my copy of the new Gamma World by then, and ought to be able to do a short scenario if anybody wants to try it out.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 16 infantry

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:31 am

Sounds like fun. And a good idea. I'll bring my Necromunda stuff and run a morning game or two as time allows. I brought some of my old figs back with me, so I should be able to field a gang or two for folks who don't have one.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:42 am

The Other Dave wrote:On the RPG front, I'll have my copy of the new Gamma World by then, and ought to be able to do a short scenario if anybody wants to try it out.
New Gamma World! I just wikipediaed it and found there have been 6 editions I missed. (Showing my age there.) Will there be cyclopian mutant chickens with laser pistols? Image
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:39 am

A re-tooling of Famine in Far-Go (one-eyed mutant chickens are confirmed) is indeed the very first supplement they're releasing!
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 16 infantry

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:15 am

There`s a 90% chance I`m in. The problem is going to be: so many wonderful games in just a short time! I`m all about WarMachine and Hordes now, so I`d like to get som egames in of that. I never pass up Bloodbowl when given a chance (GWs best game ever!). And, I haven`t played Necromunda in forever, so I`d like to give that a go! Then there`s TheOtherDave`s mutant chicken game - that looks great too! :D

Danguinius
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius

Yarrick60
Rookie

Post by Yarrick60 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:04 am

I am with Danguinius, mainly Warma/hordes but other games will be welcome. My wife will play Warma/hordes too, so we are already 3 persons, if there are more people we can organize 2 or 3 tables.
Warhammer: Imperial Guard Vostroya firsts born, Blood Angels 3th Company
Warmachine: Retribution of Scyrah
My Blog: http://doctoradoenjapon.mideann.net/

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:18 pm

Since Warmahordes seems pretty popular there will be 3 or 4 tables for it (since they can also be used for Mordheim and Malifaux as well). Since these games are all pretty small, you should be able to get several games in.

For the RPG crowd, try and keep games short as players may want to play other things as well. This is a good chance for the RPGers to try out Tabletop games and the Tabletop gamers to try out RPGs.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Return to “Past Events”