NagoyaHammer 2011 Information

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: NagoyaHammer 2011 Information

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:20 am

Tau-riffic
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:14 pm

OoOoOOOooohWiseandMightyPrim, hear my plea!

It has occured to me that when I made the bases for my jetbikes and hoverboards I based them off of termi bases. Thus, they are a twitch bigger than standard 40k small-flying-things bases. Now, granted my craftworld eldar jbikes are on the old small-flying-things-base, which is the same size as the current big-flying-things-base, but technically, I suppose, my dark eldar are on oversize bases.

Is this a problem? Im certainly not about to change em, as the bases are already cast and painted, but if you intend to d/q me because of it Id prefer to know in advance so i can throw a wee strop in private and then turn up all cool and collected on the day. (with oversize bases in hand).

What say you, o magnanimous one?
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:39 pm

me_in_japan wrote:OoOoOOOooohWiseandMightyPrim, hear my plea!

It has occured to me that when I made the bases for my jetbikes and hoverboards I based them off of termi bases. Thus, they are a twitch bigger than standard 40k small-flying-things bases. Now, granted my craftworld eldar jbikes are on the old small-flying-things-base, which is the same size as the current big-flying-things-base, but technically, I suppose, my dark eldar are on oversize bases.

Is this a problem? Im certainly not about to change em, as the bases are already cast and painted, but if you intend to d/q me because of it Id prefer to know in advance so i can throw a wee strop in private and then turn up all cool and collected on the day. (with oversize bases in hand).

What say you, o magnanimous one?
As much fun as it would be to wait until you had the tournament in the bag and then tell you, nah, you're fine mate. There isn't much difference between the two base sizes.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:51 pm

the only thing Im going to go home with in my bag after naghammer is my laundry from Day 1, as my dark eldar are currently 100% untested, and the army roster is likely gonna be written the day before, late and drunk (I have to go to work the day before, PLUS i have to go out for a staff dinner that evening.)

still, I appreciate your confidence :D (and your permission to proceed with the oversize bases. Ahaahahahahhh! my dastardly plan proceeds apace! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: )
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Colonel Voss

Post by Colonel Voss » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:07 pm

me_in_japan wrote:the only thing Im going to go home with in my bag after naghammer is my laundry from Day 1, as my dark eldar are currently 100% untested, and the army roster is likely gonna be written the day before, late and drunk (I have to go to work the day before, PLUS i have to go out for a staff dinner that evening.)
I'm in nearly the same boat (no dinner, just working until 9 that night) so there will be two untested armies on the field at the very least.
It's easy to die in the swamp. What's hard is to staying dead.
-Alten Ashley

Iron within, Iron without

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:54 pm

Colonel Voss wrote:
me_in_japan wrote:the only thing Im going to go home with in my bag after naghammer is my laundry from Day 1, as my dark eldar are currently 100% untested, and the army roster is likely gonna be written the day before, late and drunk (I have to go to work the day before, PLUS i have to go out for a staff dinner that evening.)
I'm in nearly the same boat (no dinner, just working until 9 that night) so there will be two untested armies on the field at the very least.
well My Tau are just Tau and Theme based at that... I am sure I stand very little chance.. :lol: :lol:
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:14 am

My army is also virtually untested. I posted the list on Warseer for tips and everyone just told me to give up. So, I doubt I`ll be rocking anyone`s army this year. I know Yarrick`s army is also more-or-less untested. So, I guess the whole event could be a learning experience for everyone! :D

Danguinius
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius

Colonel Voss

Post by Colonel Voss » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:43 am

Danguinius wrote:My army is also virtually untested. I posted the list on Warseer for tips and everyone just told me to give up. So, I doubt I`ll be rocking anyone`s army this year. I know Yarrick`s army is also more-or-less untested. So, I guess the whole event could be a learning experience for everyone! :D

Danguinius
That would be a fun tournament, trial by fire for all.
-Alten Ashley

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:10 am

If there is an odd number of people, I will enter the tournament as well. I have used my NagoyaHammer army once and lost badly with it.
This is going to be the saddest tournament ever isn't it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Colonel Voss

Post by Colonel Voss » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:20 am

Yeah, the Admiral has the most practice so expect a Tau upset.
-Alten Ashley

Return to “Past Events”