NagoyaHammer 2011: After Action Reports.

The Underdweller
Legend

Re: NagoyaHammer 2011: After Action Reports.

Post by The Underdweller » Fri May 06, 2011 8:25 am

Hey, I'll also give my thanks for two enjoyable days;

Thanks to Mrs. Yarrik, Konrad, Ikeda, and Primarch, for the first day team games-even though we didn't have so many players, being able to switch partners, armies, and missions every time kept things interesting. Konrad, I think I am only your arch-foe in Tau versus (Squat-like) Ork battles, we don't have so much against your Imperial Guard - in fact they make a valuable addition to the Tau army :) It was also a good chance to try out my new Tyranids-so far, their only loss has been, ironically, against the Tau.

The Tau versus Blood Angel battle was really exciting, and the biggest battle I have taken part in so far. I agree with Badruck, I think that Fire Warriors are a pretty poor unit; unfortunately in a game bigger than 1000 points I run out of other options...gotta buy more models... My second team game against the Blood Angels seemed to be going better - we just need to convince the Dark Eldar to join the Greater Good!

Anyway, thanks to Badruck, Danguinius, Yarrick, and Mrs. Yarrick, for a fun time the second day - also to the Eldar player whose name I don't know, and who should really have slaughtered my Genestealers if not for bad luck. And to Primarch for organizing the whole event!

Yarrick60
Rookie

Post by Yarrick60 » Fri May 06, 2011 10:58 am

we just need to convince the Dark Eldar to join the Greater Good!
if you read the Dark Eldar fluff in new codex, it seems no very good idea at the end for Tau, specially if there are some Hemonculi within them :D .
Warhammer: Imperial Guard Vostroya firsts born, Blood Angels 3th Company
Warmachine: Retribution of Scyrah
My Blog: http://doctoradoenjapon.mideann.net/

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Sun May 08, 2011 2:16 pm

@ Under dweller, I have to say,,, we were very close to a win in that game V the Blood Angels I am not going to give FW that hard of a time. If our bunker would have held out we may have had a chance...
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Mon May 09, 2011 3:55 am

Yarrick60 wrote:
we just need to convince the Dark Eldar to join the Greater Good!
if you read the Dark Eldar fluff in new codex, it seems no very good idea at the end for Tau, specially if there are some Hemonculi within them :D .
Ooh, just read it, you are right :shock: poor Tau

Admiral-Badruck wrote:@ Under dweller, I have to say,,, we were very close to a win in that game V the Blood Angels I am not going to give FW that hard of a time. If our bunker would have held out we may have had a chance...
Yeah, we were pretty close! I'm sure Fire Warriors have their uses. However, I found that I started winning more games when I started using less Fire Warriors - they are too wimpy to get up close and use their rapid fire very often, and too static otherwise ; to escape oncoming troops, they have to spend 2 or more round escaping in a Devilfish, not shooting anything. With the right terrain (like the bunkers) they can be pretty good.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun May 22, 2011 4:16 am

Sorry for the wait guys.
Here are the pictures I took:

http://s737.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... er%202011/
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Return to “Past Events”