Kickstarter...

Use this board for any non-gaming related topics. ゲーム以外の他の話題はこちらを使ってください。
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Kickstarter...

Post by Primarch » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:30 pm

Prim: I wonder what is new on the internet today.
Kickstarter: KINGDOM DEATH: MONSTER on Kickstarter!!!
P: Looks interesting...200 dollars including shipping? Wow!
KS: New models added to the set from stretch goals.
P: The models are cool, but I'm trying to save mo...
KS: Innovative new game play and cool game mechanics.
P: Still, that price is a bit steep, think of all the things I coul...
KS: Exclusive content and never to be repeated offers.
P: Yes, I get that but 200 dolla...
KS: Lots more options being unlocked everyday.
P: True, but...
KS: Amazingly customisable models.
P: Sigh, ok. I guess I could become a backer....
KS: MALIFAUX RPG on Kickstarter!!!
P: Fffuuuuu.......

:D I've got to stop looking at that site, it's insidious!
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: Kickstarter...

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:03 am

Nae! I say. Nae! Nae! And thrice nae!

Dinnae do it, chief. What possible use is KD, even if the minis are good (and I'm sure they will be), even if the gameplay is innovative (which it may well be) even if it is the bestest best game in the world evah! What use is it if nobody else round here plays it?

I have this concern about BfA as well, but at least I can say I'm in that for the mini painting. It is, of course, your call, but before you sign up, ask yourself "6 months after I get it, where will this game be? On a games table, or in my cupboard?"

A far better investment would be this:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/148 ... re-artbook

:D

*edit* that said, yon Malifaux RPG looks quite tempting. Mali is a great setting for RPGs, I reckon. Damn those bastichs - free mini if you pledge before the end of today. No pressure on your decision making, no? :x
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:14 am

Yeah, I know. If I was more of a painty type, KD would probably be a good investment, but as I'm not it would probably end up being left alone and untouched until I sold it at a loss years later. As for the Malifaux RPG, I do like the setting and the mechanics of the TT game, but I rarely play that. I also have dozens of other RPG books that are just gathering dust on my shelves right now. That, coupled with the fact that my gaming budget is currently reduced and I have a list of minis as long as my arm that I want for projects I already started means that it is unlikey that I will buy either of the games.

But they are soooo tempting with their stretch goals and special offers.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:51 am

me_in_japan wrote:Nae! I say. Nae! Nae! And thrice nae!

Dinnae do it, chief. What possible use is KD, even if the minis are good (and I'm sure they will be), even if the gameplay is innovative (which it may well be) even if it is the bestest best game in the world evah! What use is it if nobody else round here plays it?

I have this concern about BfA as well, but at least I can say I'm in that for the mini painting. It is, of course, your call, but before you sign up, ask yourself "6 months after I get it, where will this game be? On a games table, or in my cupboard?"

A far better investment would be this:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/148 ... re-artbook

:D

*edit* that said, yon Malifaux RPG looks quite tempting. Mali is a great setting for RPGs, I reckon. Damn those bastichs - free mini if you pledge before the end of today. No pressure on your decision making, no? :x
The Larry Elmore books looks nice, but $48 for shipping??!!
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:41 am

I know - thats what put me off, too. I mean, even if that is what USPS charges, it's near as dammit the same price as the book, and that just rankles. I also dislike how the pledge levels refer to backers as "friends". I ain't your friend, bub - you never met me. What's wrong with "backer"? I pledge my financial support to back your product launch. Thus, you are fully justified in calling me a backer. "friend" just smacks of BS.

Still, a nice book, to be sure. August 2013 is a hella long way away, though. Heck, he coulda died by then. I think perhaps I might wait for it to be released and buy it off amazon for the rrp (or less, here's hoping...)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:43 am

me_in_japan wrote:Still, a nice book, to be sure. August 2013 is a hella long way away, though. Heck, he coulda died by then. I think perhaps I might wait for it to be released and buy it off amazon for the rrp (or less, here's hoping...)
Sounds like a good plan!
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

Return to “Life, Things and Stuff - ゲーム以外の話題”