2013 the year of.........

Use this board for any non-gaming related topics. ゲーム以外の他の話題はこちらを使ってください。
Colonel Voss

2013 the year of.........

Post by Colonel Voss » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:44 pm

With the year winding down, I thought it would be fun to see what everyone has in mind for their gaming in 2013. Given that we are all different, I thought it would be fun to see what each of us will consider the next year (come on, themes are the in thing :lol: )

I'm still fiddling with my goals but I have a strong theme running, so I will title mine; the Year of the Personality Cult :D I'll get my goals up later on.
It's easy to die in the swamp. What's hard is to staying dead.
-Alten Ashley

Iron within, Iron without

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: 2013 the year of.........

Post by Primarch » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:32 am

Given that I have been feeling more and more apathetic towards 40K as of late, I think 2013 will be the year that I play less 40K than ever before. I have a dozen ideas for new armies and games and the only 40K one is topping up my Dark Angels with whatever new toys they get.
My current ideas/options are:
Battletech - I have 5 more Clan Mechs on the way, so I would like to get some tanks and aircraft to bulk up my force.
Bolt Action - More Russian infantry and support. A squad or two of Fallschirmjagers for my Germans.
1938:AVBCW - Two small opposing factions with models from a lot of different manufacturers.
Hail Caesar - More Romans and more Celts to paint. I have large armies now, just got to finish them.
Black Powder - I want to get my AZW stuff done ASAP, as well as add some more regiments to my Napoleonics.
Pike and Shotte - Some of the Japanese players are discussing building armies for the Thirty Years War....
Warmachine - Khador and plenty of it.
WFB - I now have a tonne of extra Skaven so I want to get them looking good.
Terrain - I have loads of ideas for new terrain that I want to build.
Game of Thrones - Tempted to build and paint an army (or two) for GoT using Perry minis and play with the Hail Caesar rules. Hmmm, Lannister or Stannis?

So as you can see, 40K is struggling to get a look in on my schedule. Any ideas about priority folks?
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:17 am

1.) Warhammer Fantasy is my game of choice, but that is nothing new. The Campaign has really galvanized the interest in our group, so I look forward to lots of great games and stories.

2.) Warmachine - I am just getting the hang of the game and hope to get a lot more games in 2013. My two Pirate Queens are ready to raid the coasts and pilage the villages!

3.) Bolt Action - My first game with Primarch was a lot of fun. I would like to start a Polish Airborne Force I think, and use the British rules for them.

4.) D&D is lots of fun. I have enjoyed my first taste of it.

5.) 40k - I am looking forward to Nagoya Hammer.

6.) In 2013 I hope to have built two tables worth of terrain, one for 40k and one for Fantasy.

Tenorikuma
Champion

Post by Tenorikuma » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:55 am

I want to build and collect quite a bit of scenery this year so I can play interesting scenarios on nice-looking battlefields, particularly for Warhammer Fantasy.

I have some plans for a themed IG/Elysian army for Nagoyahammer, but that will depend on a favourable balance of time and finances.

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:07 am

Necromunda had piqued my interest recently, especially the Inquisimunda expansion. I see a lot of that being played.

Uncharted Seas as always as it rocks.

Bolt Action. I'm itching to try that out at some point.
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:12 am

Will be playing
The One Ring
Call of Cthulhu 7th ed
Black Powder.
40k.
Fantasy.

Building
Pike and Shotte: Torrington 1646. Historical build of a westcountry battle between Parliament and Royalists. With scenery and board for the period.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:01 am

40k - I'm optimistic about getting all my nurglies finished next year (I managed it once, I can do it again!)
Should an eldar codex come to pass, my pointy heads may make an appearance (in pirate form)

Warmahordes and Malifaux - I'm always up for a game of either of these. Depends on demand, really.

Painting - I want to enter the GDJ next year. Probably. It depends on how stressed I end up getting about it. Gotta try and maintain a balance of trying hard enough to produce something I'm proud of and not getting too obsessive about it. As a break from hardcore painting I hope to finish my nurglies and get some slap on Battle for Alabaster, as well as some of those Reaper minis coming my way.

I also need to contend with moving house, but assuming that goes smoothly, later in the year I'll be busy getting the new hobby room up to standard.

It should be noted that I still have necromunda, Mordheim and blood bowl gangs/teams, and would be happy to join in any of those games should the call go out.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Colonel Voss

Post by Colonel Voss » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:55 am

Alright, so as I said, cult of personality. character is my key theme this coming year. I plan on adding personality to my units and armies.

Fantasy: Dwarfs, lots of variation and paint to show an expeditionary force of various dwarf groups working together

40k: build up of dark eldar and the 288th Siege Company. DE will give me a lot of personalize different minis and the Iron Warriors will let me add some fun ideas I have.

Warma/Hordes: Painting up and expanding my various factions to match my warcasters

Bolt Action: Just paint up what I have

Battletech: While Prim is being a typical Jaguar and doing a massive build up, I'll keep monkeying around and building up at my own speed. In fact, I don't remember exactly what I ordered it has been so long ago, but they'll be arriving soon.

FoW: painting up what I got, long term, get an allied army started
It's easy to die in the swamp. What's hard is to staying dead.
-Alten Ashley

Iron within, Iron without

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:42 pm

Ah, 2012 was the year I got into Napoleonics, whittled my back log of models to a manageable level, then splurged and ended up with too many models again. :? I did get the French mostly painted, I worked on reuniting some of the last models of my American FOW collection and added a couple units, and I bought back into 40k.

2013:

Warhammer: I hope to finish painting the new gyrocoptors and characters I bought. I also hope to finish the slayer unit I bought. Maybe add some converted dwarves for the Mordheim band.

FOW: I hope to just paint up the models I have, add decals and such, but there are still a few units I'd like to add, principally the 155s and American rifle platoons.

BP: I hope to add a few units to my collection: Polish Lancers, Vistula Legion regiment, some artillery pieces and maybe grenadiers or hussars.

40k: I hope to paint up a 1000 point Deathwing company. Also I'll be building my Black Legion to about 1000-1500 point range. Lots and lots of painting here.

Epic: I'd like to build a 3000 point epic force by next December.

Terrain: I'm probably going to slate a few terrain projects. Mostly finish the house I bought and add another piece for 28mm scale. I also want to buy a few prepainted sets from BF.

Blood Bowl: Get the team finished.

Backlog: try not to add too much. Get stuff finished and see that backlog shrink hopefully.

Oh, well, those are the wishes.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:56 pm

2013 is looking like 2012. I have some terrain projects in the idea stage. I plan to plug away on Squatifying more Orks.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Return to “Life, Things and Stuff - ゲーム以外の話題”