Post by ashmie » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:44 am

Will be playing
The One Ring
Call of Cthulhu 7th ed
Black Powder.
40k.
Fantasy.

Building
Pike and Shotte: Torrington 1646. Historical build of a westcountry battle between Parliament and Royalists. With scenery and board for the period.

Revised as soon as I made this list, it filled me with dread rather than hope.
So with that in mind I think I'll have a break next year from the hobby altogether. No let me rephrase that. I want to spend more time actually gaming or modelling with admirable hobbits and a lot less time pontificating on the forums and cogetating on the Internet. As Franz said less internet more beer drinking.
The bottom line is I've gone right off it lately. This bothers me.
I've always enjoyed the building of armies but have always found it a shame when you get an army to the table we have to endure other playing styles we don't get on with or fall out over some minor detail. The long and the short of it this depresses me more than a little so for my health and sanity I'm going to invest my time in other things. Exercise, hiking, writing etc.
So less war games maybe more social stuff and going outdoors on sunny days.

Revised plan if any.

Playing: as a gentlemen gamer in the fun and sense of the game
building
Pike and Shotte: Torrington 1646. Historical build of a westcountry battle between Parliament and Royalists. With scenery and board for the period.
Last edited by ashmie on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:01 am, edited 8 times in total.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: 2013 the year of.........

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:07 am

Tekitou, mate. Tekitounishiyou...

Too much planning a happy man does not make. In a wibbly wobbly world, there is no room for absolute decisions.

Are we still on for the 23rd? And the 22nd, come to that.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:06 am

me_in_japan wrote:Tekitou, mate. Tekitounishiyou...

Too much planning a happy man does not make. In a wibbly wobbly world, there is no room for absolute decisions.
Exactly. I've been reading this thread and thinking of chiming in, but when it comes down to it 2013 is going to be either the Year of More of the Same, or the Year of Geez Man, I Have No Idea Whatsoever.

(That said, I am tempted to use the release of the Hobbit as an excuse to finally get my 10mm Battle of the Five Armies stuff painted up, but then again said battle isn't 'till the third movie in 2015...)
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 11 infantry

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Post by Mike the Pike » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:47 am

me_in_japan wrote: In a wibbly wobbly world, there is no room for absolute decisions.
Isn't this what John Lennon originally wrote in the lyrics for 'Beautiful Boy' before Yoko had a word in his shell-like and suggested "life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" might sound better? :D

On topic, no firm plans but hope to get more gaming in this year, for a start.
'Main' projects will probably be....
Getting my Heavy metal Beastmen into reasonable shape.
'Finishing' my Dark Eldar and Eldar for 40k.
Playing more flames of war.
Finishing my Malifaux crews.
Crushing all before my Russian horde in BP.
Etc
Etc

Looking back at the above, it seems a lot like my 'to do' list for last year. :lol:
Morituri nolumus mori!

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:36 am

Definitely want to keep involved with it and will try to post and play some battles.
My mail might have been too harsh. I guess I want to get a handle on my obsession with the hobby and planning for next year feels quite overwhelming.
Apologies again for voicing my bad feeling.
You are good guys after all and I'm just trying to get my mental health stable. Got terrible stomach probs at the mo.

Even though my posts are negative regarding next year I don't want to deal with this in a negative way.
A better way of planning for next year for me would be to review what I don't want from gaming.
As follows then, if I were to war game. I would avoid rules arguments and discrepancies, avoid power gamers and joy holes. Avoid one upmanship but enjoy sportsmanship. Avoid getting angry about plastic minis.
Play as a gentlemen and above all don't paint to deadlines.

So 2013 the year of .....the Gentlemen or Lady gamer.

Thanks for listening. Got it clear in my head now about what I want to achieve for future gaming. Phew. Wasn't easy but feel better.
As ever yours in sanity
Ash. :D :ugeek:
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Return to “Life, Things and Stuff - ゲーム以外の話題”