Did you write this Spev?

Use this board for any non-gaming related topics. ゲーム以外の他の話題はこちらを使ってください。
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: Did you write this Spev?

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:21 pm

Gospel as in "gospel truth", or something of that nature.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Post by AndrewGPaul » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 pm

me_in_japan wrote:To be fair, the writer did stipulate "To play a Games Workshop game such as Warhammer in the officially approved GW manner you must..."
To the extent that there is such a thing as "the officially approved manner", it boils down to "buy some minis you like (preferably from us), paint 'em and have a laugh with your mates. Don't be a tool". It's the latter part that many people seem to find difficult.

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:48 pm

AndrewGPaul wrote:
me_in_japan wrote:To be fair, the writer did stipulate "To play a Games Workshop game such as Warhammer in the officially approved GW manner you must..."
To the extent that there is such a thing as "the officially approved manner", it boils down to "buy some minis you like (preferably from us), paint 'em and have a laugh with your mates. Don't be a tool". It's the latter part that many people seem to find difficult.
This man speaks the Gospel truth.
@Badrukk DON'T take it seriously. The site's entry page is one big disclaimer pertaining to it's tastelessness and inaccuracy.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:43 am

When my wife first heard about how much GW charge she said it was like the brand for modeling like Louis Vuitton for gamers. I like this analogy. :D
I like my wife. :D

If something is more expensive perhaps it does make it more desirable. Like a good pair of shoes or a suit from Saville Row. People work hard all week and sometimes it's good to splash out.
It's a waste of time to be negative or angry about these things.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:49 am

Louis Vuitton is a very high quality product (in terms of engineering/construction. Fr example, every LV product has a lifetime guarantee. If so much as a stitch comes out, you can have it repaired or replaced for free. Not trying to say LV are worth the cost, but I've been reliably informed that they're better value than you might imagine). They're certainly demonstrably better than your average bag from Marks and Spencer's. It's a matter for debate whether or not GW models are better quality than other companies out there, though.

That said,
It's a waste of time to be negative or angry about these things.
is very true.

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:37 pm

Just to be clear it wasn't a literal analogy. Her point was Louis Vuitton is an expensive brand for fashion just like GW is for a hobbyist. Something that is expensive but feels good to splash out on now and again. You're paying for the name is what I'm saying.
If anything I was trying to point out the merits of why people buy GW. It's well known and there is a lot of it on the high street (plastic injection mold crack plastic) :) with less and less competitors. I wasn't suggesting GW or Louis Vuitton were bad quality.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:26 pm

:) aye, no probs - I totally get what you were saying. I, on the other hand, was indeed suggesting that while Louis Vuitton is a quality item, GW may not be (as always with highly weighted personal opinions of this nature, ymmv.)

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:41 pm

GW just banned ALL US and Canadian stores from selling their goods on the internet.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2zne5e ... edit?pli=1
Section III Paragraph A.
:D Surely this will only increase the love and the joy people feel for dear ol' GW.

.....or not.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:57 pm

Primarch wrote:GW just banned ALL US and Canadian stores from selling their goods on the internet.
Section III Paragraph A.
:D Surely this will only increase the love and the joy people feel for dear ol' GW.

.....or not.

I'm surprised it took them this long.
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Post by Mike the Pike » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:55 pm

Primarch wrote:GW just banned ALL US and Canadian stores from selling their goods on the internet.
Section III Paragraph A.

.....or not.
And in unrelated news :-) sales in the plastic toy category on E-Bay saw a sudden surge in US and Canadian markets.
Morituri nolumus mori!

Return to “Life, Things and Stuff - ゲーム以外の話題”