Did you write this Spev?

Use this board for any non-gaming related topics. ゲーム以外の他の話題はこちらを使ってください。
ashmie
Wargod

Re: Did you write this Spev?

Post by ashmie » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:17 pm

Very odd and selfish behaviour indeed. What are they thinking really? I mean really.
They want to make it UK and Europe only.
Very odd indeed. Roooot and twig, very odd.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:43 am

How is it different than what they've been doing before?
GW has never made it a secret that they want to control all aspects of their product from the intial idea, "Hey let's make more Space Marines, but they'll have skulls AND robes!" to retail. I wonder what the sales percentages are for GW store/FLGS/GWDirect/other internet retailer.
I've never been able to figure out why the push thier brick and mortar stores so heavy. Seems like a lot of bother in this day and age. I guess they feel that if they control the brick and mortar venues where we smelly geeks gather to roll dice, they can snuff out the idea that there are other games and miniatures out there.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:47 am

It may be that the GW stores suffer from showrooming, i.e. just displaying the goods but not gaining any actual sales because customers go and then buy them from the internet for a cheaper price, and with miniatures (except maybe fine cast poo) you don't really need to see the item as you know that they are all the same. The benefits of a brick and mortar store are many: creating jobs, giving people a human contact experience and setting, displaying your goods beautifully, teaching new and potential customers about the product. But if the price you are charging does not meet with the needs and expectations of the customer, and they know where they can go to get their needs met, then the brick and mortar shop is out of luck. I wish I was more in the know with regards to business management, but as far as I can see, GW is aware that it has created a lot of antagonism towards itself and rather than trying to gain its reputation back is instead merely making sure that it is the only place and company where people can get miniatures, thus forcing loyalty with lawsuits and restrictions rather than earning it. Anyway, I am not very knowledgeable about business management styles and growth strategies, so it is quite possible that GW knows something I don't.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:57 am

Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:40 am

That was an interesting video. Long, but very rational and sensible. I won't opine further, y'all already know what my opinion on the matter is, but still, that vid is worth watching.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Return to “Life, Things and Stuff - ゲーム以外の話題”