Current Top Games

Use this board for any non-gaming related topics. ゲーム以外の他の話題はこちらを使ってください。
job
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Current Top Games

Post by job » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:17 pm

YellowStreak wrote:
job wrote:Unfortunately, I've only played ... BB 2 times (and never a full game)
Any time you want to rectify this and experience GW's best game, let me know! :D
I'll be taking you up on this sometime. :) And if you run another blood bowl day, with advance and some luck, I'll be doing my best to schedule in your event.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:20 pm

Well you know my vote:

1) Warmachine: I am enjoying exploring the tactics and abilities of each unit. The smallish model count is nice too. I have also been working on interesting terrain which has been fun.

2) The rest comes under "Other" as I have Mordheim gangs, Blood Bowl teams and a few board games, but don't play them much.

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:17 pm

Top 5....hmm....

1.) Malifaux - everything that Primarch said :D (I am a lazy sod today ;) )

2.) Warhammer Fantasy - its the game I started with back all those many many years ago. I am a fantasy fiend. Love the fluff and love swords and sorcery.

3.) Bolt Action - Still haven't got all the lads painted up, but the games I have played have been very enjoyable. The game tries to reflect the unpredictability of war and the rules match this.

4.) Warhammer 40k - I have invested a lot in my Eldar, painting and money. I do enjoy the background, too. Is the game unbalanced? Well, like fantasy it is unbalanced in a way due to the book/codex release issue. Then again, it is kind of balanced by the fact that every army has a trick, a special unit, a special rule. I think we tend to forget about that when we are on the receiving end, only to use our own super special thingy ma bob on our opponent in the next round. Do some armies have more and bigger thingy ma bobs, sure, but I guess keeping up with the joneses is a never ending battle.

5.) Warmachine / Cutlass - Sorry to put these two together but I feel equal about them, especially as my Cryx are pirate themed and Cutlass is a pirate game. Arrg they both be good games! Arrg! Avast ye scurvy dogs! :D Oh and I like talking like a priate... :D :) :? :oops: :P

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:51 pm

1) 40k: space Orks nough said.

2)Bolt action: beat mechanic for a dice based war game I have seen thus far. If only it was not WW2 and took place in the grim dark future 40000 years AD

3) Cutlass: Orc pirates nough said.

4) bloodbowl probably the best game GW ever made
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:37 am

Hmmm...

1. Warmachine/Hordes. Just played in my first tournament at Gen Con and had a lot of fun. Best wargame out there currently - in my opinion.

2. Bloodbowl. My first wargame - I`ll always love it.

3. Monsterpocalypse. I love this game. I played (and won!) a massive battle royal game at Gen Con and played several pick-up games. Every time people walked by, they asked what we were playing; it is still such a visibly appealing game that generates a lot of interest.

4. Dropzone Commander. I demo-ed this game at Gen Con and loved it`s slick and smooth game play. I already have a full UCM army that I`ve started painting and I`m looking forward to getting more games in this fall.

5. Warhammer Fantasy Battle. I don`t like the "every army gets a big kit" approach and I haven`t played a game in 3 years...but I have 5000 points (everything in the book except Yetis) of fully painted Ogres that I`d love to drag out for a game.

Honorable mention: Man`O`War (another really fun game GW made, then discontinued because it was too cheap to collect a navy), Cthulhu Wars (more of a board game, but I demo-ed it at Gen Con and it looks fun!)

Danguinius
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:26 pm

Admiral-Badruck wrote: 2)Bolt action: beat mechanic for a dice based war game I have seen thus far. If only it was not WW2 and took place in the grim dark future 40000 years AD
Have you seen this?

http://thegamesshed.files.wordpress.com ... es-3-0.pdf

and the 40K supplement;

http://thegamesshed.files.wordpress.com ... dition.pdf
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:51 pm

Spevna wrote:
Admiral-Badruck wrote: 2)Bolt action: beat mechanic for a dice based war game I have seen thus far. If only it was not WW2 and took place in the grim dark future 40000 years AD
Have you seen this?

http://thegamesshed.files.wordpress.com ... es-3-0.pdf

and the 40K supplement;

http://thegamesshed.files.wordpress.com ... dition.pdf
I remember reading one of the FUBAR guys was trying to write "One page codexes" for each race. If you could get FUBAR simplicity with 40K army specific flavor you would have something most intriguing.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:24 pm

Hummmm looks like. Job for some one else. With more time than I have.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Return to “Life, Things and Stuff - ゲーム以外の話題”