FBAR

Use this board for any non-gaming related topics. ゲーム以外の他の話題はこちらを使ってください。
Konrad
Wargod

FBAR

Post by Konrad » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:59 pm

Doing my taxes and I see they changed the name of a form, had to laugh. And had to cry as I only barely have enough money here to have to even bother.
http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Bus ... ounts-FBAR
The IRS really is Foreign Bank And financial account Reported beyond all recognition.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: FBAR

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:34 am

Ugh, thanks for reminding me. Don'cha love being a citizen of the only country in the world that requires payment of income tax on income earned entirely abroad?
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 16 infantry

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:47 am

The Other Dave wrote:Ugh, thanks for reminding me. Don'cha love being a citizen of the only country in the world that requires payment of income tax on income earned entirely abroad?
Whoa! You mean you make more than 90 grand a year? You can exclude quite a bit of foreign income you know!
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 am

The Other Dave wrote:Ugh, thanks for reminding me. Don'cha love being a citizen of the only country in the world that requires payment of income tax on income earned entirely abroad?
I seem to recall something from my history lessons about taxation and representation. You must represent a taxable source of income I guess. :D
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:05 am

Konrad wrote:
Whoa! You mean you make more than 90 grand a year? You can exclude quite a bit of foreign income you know!
Well, you have to file every year regardless, which is the PITA part.
-----

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:18 am

The Other Dave wrote:
Konrad wrote:
Well, you have to file every year regardless, which is the PITA part.
True, true. I just tried to do it with the "free" outfit from the IRS website I used the last couple years. Push e-file and "That's 39.95 please." I wrote customer service (Who got back to me within minutes. kudos for that) and was informed that it's free only for new users, and I'll have to cancel and sign up again via the IRS portal for free service. Bit of a bait and switch there. I canceled all right. A PITA indeed.
Cervantes, Don Quixote

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:11 am

Yeah, paying 40 bucks for the pleasure of being told you don't owe anything seems... Well, I dunno, you're paying for convenience I guess. Still.
-----

Return to “Life, Things and Stuff - ゲーム以外の話題”