The Golden Age of TV. So, what are you watching?

Use this board for any non-gaming related topics. ゲーム以外の他の話題はこちらを使ってください。
Spevna

Re: The Golden Age of TV. So, what are you watching?

Post by Spevna » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:20 am

Konrad wrote:
Spevna wrote:Black Mirror.

Each episode is a one of story, and there's nothing connecting any of the stories or characters.

Each story deals with the impact of technology on our lives and covers everything from people's dependency on "likes" to the integration of virtual reality and the military.

Well worth a watch, but not when the kids are around.
Holy crap, yes. I just watched the first two episodes. Twilight Zone for the 21st (and quite likely 22nd) century.
Did you start from season 1?
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:16 am

Spevna wrote:
Konrad wrote:
Spevna wrote:Black Mirror.

Each episode is a one of story, and there's nothing connecting any of the stories or characters.

Each story deals with the impact of technology on our lives and covers everything from people's dependency on "likes" to the integration of virtual reality and the military.

Well worth a watch, but not when the kids are around.
Holy crap, yes. I just watched the first two episodes. Twilight Zone for the 21st (and quite likely 22nd) century.
Did you start from season 1?
Oink.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:57 am

Konrad wrote:
Oink.
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:59 pm

My new TV has arrived along with a box set of David Lynch. So I'm going to be a poncy art student and watch Eraserhead, Dune, Lost Highway, Wild at Heart and Blue Velvet in one foul swoop. Oh and the Twin Peaks film. :D
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:46 pm

NHK may make some of the cheesiest dramas ever, but their science and nature shows are pretty cool. "Planet Earth 2" is starting tonight. I believe it's an NHK/BBC tag team production. They showed some teasers the other day and there is a scene of newly hatched baby iguanas being hunted by snakes. Snakes and snakes and snakes that is possibly the most terrifying spectacle I have ever witnessed. snakessnakessnakesssssss Anyhow, good fun to watch with the kids.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:45 am

Didn't know planet Earth 2 was on nhk - I went and re-set up my un-geoblocker and watched it on the beeb a few weeks ago. Darn it - coulda just waited.

Anyway, it's on nhk now, so all y'all can watch it. And you defo should. It's awesome. It explains perfectly why marine iguanas just sit there all day doing nothing but snorting salt - the poor blighters are permanently traumatised from their first early minutes in the world.

Hey there, l'il baby iguana! Ooooh, lookit you! You're so cute, you! Aaaaaww. Ok. Now RUUUUUUUUN FOR YOUR LIIIIIIIIFE!!!!
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:47 am

I saw the iguana chase clip online and it is quite incredible.. just wanted to mention Westworld, which I decided to get for myself as a Xmas present. Only 3 episodes in, but so far, very impressed. Things are unfolding slowly, but there seems to be massive potential in terms of where they could go and what they could explore.
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:19 am

Been watching Black Mirror recently. Smartest, sci-fi I've seen since "Ex Machina". Everything in it is already sort of happening just a little bit. Science barely-fiction?
Heard good things about Westworld. I think it might be next on the list
Cervantes, Don Quixote

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:09 pm

Just watched the Christmas episode of Doctor Who. I'm definitely starting to appreciate Peter Capaldi as the doctor. He's consistently likeably grumpy. Matt Lucas also does well to not annoy as the comedy sidekick. Overall, worth a watch if you can catch it. (I appreciate that this particular episode will only be on the beeb just now (therefore only watchable via some kind of geo-unblocker) but most of the seasons are on J-netflix, I'm pretty sure.)

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:47 pm

oooh! Just noticed that Amazon Prime Video (which is included if you have an amazon prime sub) now has The Man in the High Castle available, as well as season 1 of The Strain. I hear the former is worth a watch, and I count myself a fan of the latter. Worth a lookie, if you have amazon prime (which is actually not a bad deal.)

ps The Man in the High Castle is 高い城の男 in japanese, should you be searching for it.

Return to “Life, Things and Stuff - ゲーム以外の話題”