Oct. 2017 What are you listening to thread?

Use this board for any non-gaming related topics. ゲーム以外の他の話題はこちらを使ってください。
Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Oct. 2017 What are you listening to thread?

Post by Mike the Pike » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:47 am

I’m in a typing mood tonight so I thought I’d create one of these inter web staple threads.

Soooo... What’s on high rotation on your iPod, Zune, boom box or record player, be it music, audiobook or podcast?

As I mentioned, I’m in Viking mood so I’ve been listening to a lot of Amon Amarth (a Swedish Viking Metal band). Very growly/death vocals but interesting themes. Check out ‘Raise Your Horns’ on YouTube. How many famous Metallers can you spot?

I’ve also been listening to a young New Zealand metal band called Alien Weaponry. Pretty good thrash metal for a bunch of teenagers. Oh yeah, many of their songs are sung in Maori!
Morituri nolumus mori!

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Oct. 2017 What are you listening to thread?

Post by Primarch » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:01 pm

Not really music as such, but I've just got through season 1 of The Last Kingdom. Definitely puts me in the mood for thrashing some Viking filth. :lol:

My music player has had the same stuff on it for pretty much forever. Late 90s British Pop/Rock mainly with a little bit of Sinatra thrown in for good measure.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:27 pm

Recently it's been much teh same old same old. Iron Maiden and Metallica in the car for the boys, and when I'm painting it's been a mix (oooh! can I use the word eclectic? pretty please?) of Jean Michel Jarre, Tori Amos, AC/DC, Gloryhammer and (maintaining this thread's rapidly developing Viking theme), Turisas.

Aside from the aforementioned Alien Weaponry, does anybody have any recent (or even not recent) recommendations? I'm feeling very out of touch with music n suchlike these days.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:29 am

I was listening to some Tori Amos just the other day. Re-discovered Peter Gabriel recently. Add a spot of Supertramp to that. (seems to be a brit/art/rock thing going here). But mostly it's been Talking Heads. Every album just gets better every single time I listen to it.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:38 am

I've had Zedd and deadmau5 in pretty high rotation these days (which, as an early-middle-aged dude, is what qualifies as "new" in my catalogue), oddly enough mixed up heavily with Israel Kamakawiwo'ole and some Okinawan stuff.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Return to “Life, Things and Stuff - ゲーム以外の話題”