Softbank Internet Service Shenanigans

Use this board for any non-gaming related topics. ゲーム以外の他の話題はこちらを使ってください。
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Softbank Internet Service Shenanigans

Post by Primarch » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:28 am

For the past 5 1/2 years I have been using NTT's TV and internet service with YahooBB as my internet provider. Last weekend, Softbank called me up to offer a combined service as they are the owners of YahooBB. The service on offer was about 800-900 yen cheaper per month with an extra discount of 1000 yen for the first 6 months. This week we got all of the details we needed and my wife set about rearranging the service. However, as she was making memos on a piece of paper I noticed that there were some extra numbers being added to the total. Compared to the original price they offered, tax had NOT been included, which cut heavily into the initial savings. On top of that, they wanted to charge an extra 750 yen for the TV service which is included in the current NTT price. So, instead of being 800 yen per month cheaper, the service worked out as being 500 yen a month MORE expensive. When I explained this to my wife, she called back to cancel and the staff (obviously being well aware that the new service is more pricey) offered a longer discount period. But given that we'd be using the service for several years, the initial discount doesn't really help in the long term, so we cancelled. We wasted several hours of our weekend on this sh1t!

TL:DR - Softbank are offering to save you money and then charging you more for it. Caveat Emptor.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Return to “Life, Things and Stuff - ゲーム以外の話題”