Contacting Wayland Games

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Contacting Wayland Games

Post by job » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:48 am

Hey guys, I'm having trouble with Wayland Games. I've tried to make an order with them three times, and they've canceled on me three times. This in itself isn't the problem. The problem is they've charged me once and then cancelled the order.
So how am I supposed to contact them to either get my stuff of get my money? They don't leave any contact information, and their "contact us" section, well, sucks. It doesn't recognize my account when I try to log-in to that section.
So, does anybody have their phone number or email address? How do you guys correct issues with them?
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Re: Contacting Wayland Games

Post by Mike the Pike » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:57 am

Try their facebook page, it's maintained daily and there are lots of people who are trying to track down orders, sort problems out etc.
In their defense, they (and Maelstrom) have been completely inundated with orders since the GW 'embargo' went into place and both have a massive backlog.
Anyways, I hope that helps.
Cheers
MTP
Morituri nolumus mori!

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:26 am

They withdrew the money 24 hours before they cancelled the order without a reason attached. It has been over a week without any sign of the money. It almost looks like they took the money and are trying to hide it. :roll:
Clearly we are getting off on the wrong foot as this is my first experience with them.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Colonel Voss

Post by Colonel Voss » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:37 am

call your credit card company and tell them. they can get your money back pretty dang easily if under 30 days
It's easy to die in the swamp. What's hard is to staying dead.
-Alten Ashley

Iron within, Iron without

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:28 am

I second pikey's comment - Wayland have had a horrendous last few weeks, and have literally almost broken under the number of orders they got. GW nearly killed them, which Im sure was part of their intent.

However, Wayland have made it clear that theyre working their buns off to sort this out, but that doing so means they have to focus on getting orders shipped rather than responding to queries. They asked that people who have had any problems please bear with them until theyve cleared the backlog. They didnt say how long it would take, but mentioned "weeks rather than days".

So, in short, try their facebook page, and if theyre taking longer than you would expect to respond, bear in mind that theyre working under very difficult conditions which are completely outside their control.

-d

PS I agree that they shouldnt have taken the money out until the order was placed successfully, but its probably just a glitch in the system. Any time Ive contacted them with an issue, theyve been v good at sorting it out quickly.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:18 pm

I second pikey's comment - Wayland have had a horrendous last few weeks, and have literally almost broken under the number of orders they got. GW nearly killed them, which Im sure was part of their intent.
So, in short, try their facebook page, and if theyre taking longer than you would expect to respond, bear in mind that theyre working under very difficult conditions which are completely outside their control.
Sorry, I don't buy that. Wayland has been practically encouraging this with discounts and keeping their "doors" open till the last second for International sales. Yeah, they will lose the market outside of the UK soon, but first they are making good sales before the end.
Secondly, and maybe more importantly, if you take money from a customer, then you are obligated to fulfill a service or deliver on a product. If you cancel afterwards, you should be very careful to refund the money in full. They took the money 24 hours in advance of the sale. :!:

If Wayland pulls through and replies to my email in the next few days, I'll go back to them for more stuff. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt to the extreme I'm going to make this a positive if they reply and clear this up. But I think it is completely odd and unfair if you think I should consider the $50 a loss and leave if for nothing.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Post by Mike the Pike » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:37 pm

I don't think anyone is suggesting that you write off your hard earned money. Just trying to offer some insight into the mayhem going on at Wayland (and Maelstrom) at the mo'.
Have you tried contacting them via Facebook? As I said they seem to keep that quite up to date. It also has their phone number too should you want to call them. Failing that, do as Voss says and contact your credit card company onto them. They are usually pretty good about these things.
Morituri nolumus mori!

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:23 pm

But I think it is completely odd and unfair if you think I should consider the $50 a loss and leave if for nothing.
Nobody said that. I have ordered from them and they have always replied quickly and dealt with orders well enough.

I think the issue is, as has been suggested, the sheer volume of orders. I am confident that they will sort this out, it is just a matter of playing the waiting game (which I understand is a pain in the arse). You are right in that they shouldn't have taken the money without fulfilling the order.

Try;

http://www.facebook.com/WaylandGamesLtd

or

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthrea ... 73&page=52

Hope it helps.
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:06 am

I have had my share of problems with Wayland games before but genuinely it's down to them being late with the orders, like really late. I think they are the slowest of the two. Maelstrom are pretty fast but even they have been late with my order this month.
I'm sure Wayland aren't trying to pull a fast one and that they have got confused with your order. You are in your rights to get your money back on the canceled order and an apology from a manager and who knows maybe some complimentary models too.
I had a FOW book from them once where the binding was loose, they gave me a full refund and let me keep the item. They are reasonable I'm sure they just haven't got to your e mail in the backlog.
Definitely Facebook page is the way forward as they are checking that everyday. I posted something on their wall and they got back to me.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:37 am

I'm sure Wayland aren't trying to pull a fast one and that they have got confused with your order. You are in your rights to get your money back on the canceled order and an apology from a manager and who knows maybe some complimentary models too.
Yeah, I'm sure they aren't trying any foolishness and that there is just a mistake, but as a I wrote above, once you take money, you need to make sure the order is fulfilled or else you really are selling a poor service.
I hear they've got good customer service, and so I'm eager for this to be resolved and to do business with them. Still, if I want the refund, the clock is ticking on the credit card/paypal option, so they need to respond to me sooner, rather then later.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Return to “Links - リンク”