Yellow Submarine

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Yellow Submarine

Post by job » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:05 pm

Hey, guys. I might be that Yellow Submarine will no longer have GW stuff. I went there today to order a box, but the guy said he would have to ask his manager if it is possible. Apparently the rules changes for distribution may have hit them, too. Their limited stock is already drying up.
This is not good as they're located conveniently to me. Along with the GW paints, they also are open 7 days a week. True they are pricey, but that may be the price in Japan to have a dedicated gaming store.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Yellow Submarine

Post by Primarch » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:11 am

I usually only buy paints from there. Luckily there is a store near Joshin that stocks Vallejo paints, so I`ll just start going there instead.
Way to go GW!

Actually, last time I was in YS, they had some GW kits on sale. Maybe they`re clearing out their stock?
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Seb
Champion

Post by Seb » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:24 am

Wow, if this is true then it is really interesting to see how fast GW actions affect the stores and the stores taking action in turn.
I only buy paint at Yellow Submarine too and while I am used to GW paint, I might have to try Vallejo.

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:06 am

I'm supposed to get a call about whether they can order something for me. So, I guess we may still find out...

I love Vallejo paints, but some of the GW paints are great. ie. Devlon mud, their red hues and Dark Angel Green. Especially painting GW game paint schemes, it is nice to have a citadel paint provider.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:41 pm

Vallejo is nice. I've found they take a little more care than GW paints. I have some that have separated. Should have given them a shake one a month or so. And the little squeeze bottle is nice sometimes, but it's gets clogged/ stuck to the cap if you are not careful. Not a good match for lazy people like me.
On to Yellow Submarine- so the GW ban on overseas distributors includes brick and mortar shops? Maybe Y.S was ordering from Wayland like the rest of you guys. :lol:
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:13 am

Konrad wrote:Vallejo is nice. I've found they take a little more care than GW paints. I have some that have separated. Should have given them a shake one a month or so. And the little squeeze bottle is nice sometimes, but it's gets clogged/ stuck to the cap if you are not careful. Not a good match for lazy people like me.
On to Yellow Submarine- so the GW ban on overseas distributors includes brick and mortar shops? Maybe Y.S was ordering from Wayland like the rest of you guys. :lol:
YS was ordering from GW Japan I believe, at least they had the GWJ catalogue in the store and their prices were exactly the same. It could be that the higher ups in YS have decided to stop stocking it or something.

YS got new products in regularly, but one of the changes GW has made to their supply chain is that indie stores dont get a list of new products in advance and have to order new products without knowing what they are or wait until after release. (GW are clamping down on sneak previews and people getting stuff earlier than the release date). YS may have heard that there are changes but not be 100% on what they are. It`s unlikely that the local staff would have full knowledge of what was happening with one of their many suppliers.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:42 am

Yeah, it was a false alarm. They called me yesterday to confirm that they could make my order. And fast. It will apparently arrive next week. :)
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Return to “Links - リンク”