Games Day 2012 - UK Link Collection

Zaphod Beeblebrox
Rookie

Games Day 2012 - UK Link Collection

Post by Zaphod Beeblebrox » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:52 am

Hey yall!

I just got back from an aweseome weekend in Birmingham where we attended the Games Day 2012 UK.

I uploaded the Award Ceremony and pictures of most entries (sorted by finalist - not finalist) already and have also started creating a link collection (if you know my blog, you know what I mean).

So without further ado: Here is the link collection.

I will have a
- Massive Voodo Workshop report next week.
- competition report of Hussar 2012 in Poland.
- GD France (end of October)
- Maybe GD Italy
- And Mont San Salvino (November)
coming up...

What I wanna say is: It is not the worst move in the world to subscribe to my blog :D

I hope you enjoy the pics, vids and links.

BTW: I will give away Forge World's first Primarch ANGRON (50 Pound value) on my blog as well - see rules tomorrow!

Oh no! I gave you another reason to subscribe! Awesome giveaways! :D

Anywho - 3am I am talking crazy... Good night!

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: Games Day 2012 - UK Link Collection

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:13 am

Much obliged - thanks :)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Tenorikuma
Champion

Post by Tenorikuma » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:38 am

The Photobucket links weren't working for me for some reason. The links on Volomir's blog are too dark and blurry to be of much use either.

Zaphod Beeblebrox
Rookie

Post by Zaphod Beeblebrox » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:01 am

Yes, sorry about the links. Apparently, I was too tired to check that they are working :cry:

But now all links to the photos are working. Here the link again :)

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:56 am

@zaphod - I've never really gotten into blogs much before. I read them from time to time (for example your tutorials, or Arsies' page) but I don't actually know how to subscribe. In the "subscribe" box there's a drop down menu for a variety of sites/pieces of software that do...what? It's really not clear from any of them what they do. How exactly are they necessary to subscribe to your site? Pardon the complete n00b question - generally I'm not bad with techy stuff, but blogging has completely passed me by (clearly).

Likewise, I would comment on your blog, but to do so I seem to need to "comment as..." and then choose an option from a drop down menu of a bunch of things, none of which I have.

Anyway, I'd like to subscribe and comment and stuff, but am not sure how. Any chance you (or anybody else that's so inclined) could explain to me what I'm supposed to do?

Ta very much :)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Tenorikuma
Champion

Post by Tenorikuma » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:56 pm

@MiJ: In order to let avid readers of blogs and other websites be apprised of updates, popular websites and blogging services started adding news feeds (also called RSS feeds) under the hood that would contain summaries of those sites' latest updates. Then, as a user, you use a news aggregator application to subscribe to these news feeds. The news aggregator runs in the background, and whenever a site you follow is updated, it notices the change in the news feed and alerts you regarding the update.

Nearly all blogs and similar websites have some kind of link somewhere on the page that says "subscribe" or "RSS", and clicking it will prompt you to add that site to your news aggregator so you can be alerted about updates. In the age of iPhones and iPads, you can have a news app running on them too, and the software will synchronize between all your devices which updates you have read and which ones you haven't yet.

Incidentally, podcasts originated simply as website news feeds that, instead of containing a website news summary, contained a link to the latest edition of someone's recorded radio show.

Zaphod Beeblebrox
Rookie

Post by Zaphod Beeblebrox » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:46 pm

Thank you Tenorikuma for your explanation.

Yes, the Blog uses RSS feeds which you can follow easily and with little time effort by using tools such as the google reader. I for example follow around 150 blogs worldwide - and the reader tells me if something new was posted automatically. Its quite brilliant, actually. :) いいですね!

Most bloggers in the community use blogspot/blogger from google. For that, you will need a google account in order to follow these blogs automatically.

On a completely different note:

More pictures are up! ゲームス・デー・パーツ2

Please share with your friends in Japan. I miss Japan a lot :)

Return to “Links - リンク”