PodCasts.

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Top 10 PodCasts Feb.

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:24 am

I have spent some time listening to pod casts... and I am at the point where I can say... I like some podcasts and really can't stand others... some are funny and some are just plain lame...

First I will start with the Pod Casts that I like.

1. 11th company podcast. All 40K All the time... I really like most everything about it. they stay on topic every well and they give you and episode a week they call most things like they are and give very good tactical advice. I will certainly be listening to them more and more.

2. The overlords ... All 40k universe all the time... this pod cast cracks me up they are international and they focus on the fun of the game and how to enjoy it more fully. the go in to great detail about the fluff of the 40k universe. they do not give much tactical support to your game but they have really helped me to see the light about gaming in general.

3. The independent Characters pod cast. They have got some great coverage of he Imperial Armour books...very fun to listen to but a little light on tactics and unit description.

4. 40K radio. Gone are the glory days of Spencer harding and his cult of "Freebooter" listeners. the show used to have a very good focus where one could learn about hobby and tactics as well as codex overview and product review as well as some very funny humor.. These days it full of Rants GW critique and heaps of advertising. there were some very funny moments in the last episode but the explicit language got to be a bit excessive. (even for me)... they still make me laugh but I am not nearly as interested in the new crew as I was in the old crew. Spencer, Scott and Chiplee I really miss you guys.

5. The Eternal Warriors. As they call call themselves they are a bunch of "douche-bags with a microphone" however they can be very funny and they can be very crude they seem to have a lot of fun with there pod cast. Lately they have been talking about their attempts to make things out of resin. and how War machine stacks up as a game compared to 40k. They seem to like the WM rules better these days. since I could care less about WM I have not been listening to it much...

6 Worlds End Radio. Oh how the mighty have fallen I loved this show until it got way to deep in to games I have no interest in... but if you like Malafux and WarMaHordes then it is a very good show for you. they used to talk a fair amount about Blood Bowl and Necromunda as well as 40K and FB but those days seem to be long gone.

7. Pod Hammer. perhaps it deserves a lower ranking but it is funny sometimes and every once in a while it talks about FB.... but lately the talk is all about Flames of War.

8. Gamers Lounge. Not to keen on this podcast as it has really kind of lost focus and changed to a kind of war gaming pod cast rather than a 40k/FB pod cast that it started out as.

9. Imperla Vox cast. I really did not like this podcast they guys just seemed like jerks I am sure they are nice enough but it I guess the episodes I have watched were the worst ever...

10. Rankings HQ TV this is not a pod cast so I can listen to it but it is so good I thought it deserved a mention over any other pod cast out there. great topics tournament coverage and great un-boxing of the latest product review. If you have some free time check them out.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

March Podcasts

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:31 pm

This month was not the best month for podcasting content for us folks living here in Japan. Becaus most of the content was about the build up to adeptacon and to salute. I am rather interested in these events and it is good to know what is going on but it makes me really want to go home. Even though radiation has apperently found its way all the way back to the USA.

1. Gose to (the 11th company) solid content and lodes of good information about up comming tournaments and how they are being run.

2.The over lords these guys had a great you tube video about making orkish terrain from sprue. They also started a very good conversation about campains in the new section called (Dagmire's Tavern).

3. Bad dice podcast was all about the new O&G book seems like a lot of fun.

4. The independent charaters comes in at number four they put up some you stream video and they will be covering the top two tabels live at Adeptacon. If I can watch it I will but with no internet I guess I will have to watch it on replay. But this month the content was mostly about adeptacon and since I will not be going I was not that interested.

5.40k radio was not as funny as it has been and it seems like they jumped the gun on there coverage of GKnights they did not have a proper codex so some of what the talked abou was not what will be found in the actuall book.

6. Interesting Tactics Podcast. I quite liked this podcast. The tactis were not all that interesting but they gave me some great ideas for my world eaters army.

7. Worlds end Raido had a great show abou malifux. Too bad I do not play it I may have liked it if I did.

8. The eternal wariorrs had some shows.
9. New show! Power Sword radio. The show really did not work for me I was having a hard time staying awake.
10. The heroic 28th made a cone back and it was not half bad I would have ranked them higher but they really have been hit and miss as far as shows they put up. On here one there but they talked about orks and I learned a few thing so it was worth it to me to listen.
MIJ
MIJ

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: PodCasts.

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:04 pm

40k Radio has had too really good interviews over the last two episodes.

Some Cavetore fellow as well as a Rick Priestly.
http://www.40kradio.com/
has lots of cool info...
MIJ
MIJ

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: PodCasts.

Post by Primarch » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:34 pm

Admiral-Badruck wrote:40k Radio has had too really good interviews over the last two episodes.

Some Cavetore fellow as well as a Rick Priestly.
http://www.40kradio.com/
has lots of cool info...
I listened to the Priestly interview (and only that segment). Whilst Rick Priestly was quite interesting to listen to, there was this annoying buzz that kept coming out of my speakers whenever Priestly reached the end of a sentence or just before he moved on to a new topic. I think it may have been the two guys doing the interview?
At one stage they are trying to convince him that GW should make 40K radio the 'official' news source for all the latest GW rumours, stating "If we get 10000 listeners to spend 100 dollars each, we"ll make 1 million dollars for GW." That would be true if those 10000 listeners weren't already going to spend that 1 million dollars regardless. Not to mention the fact that Rick doesn't even work for GW anymore.....

Anyway, its worth listening to just to hear about what GW was like way back when. Just try to ignore the hosts.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Return to “Links - リンク”