Hobby Shop Town Crier - Now open in Nagoya

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Hobby Shop Town Crier - Now open in Nagoya

Post by job » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:42 am

me_in_japan wrote::roll: Do people not read anymore? (and that's people plural, btw) (ed. Well Duh! The singular form would be most out of place here)

The "woah is me was" a quote from Pikey, about half a dozen posts above.

Speaking of whom, I din't say nuffink abart apostrophes, me ol mucka. Commas, yes, lay in there. Apostrophes, however, get thrown by the wayside in this cutthroat world of internet punctuation. Let em lie there, I say!
Job wrote:I'm sure it is. ;) But, just not on a GW thread, right? I've got too much invested to have my opponents flee to some upstart game.
Heck no. I reserve the right to express my opinion on any thread, whether its about GW or not. As for fleeing to other games, it is possible to play more'n one, y'know. (ooh lookit! two apostrophes!) Most of us do, in fact.
:mrgreen: Man, take a break from work. You don't need to highlight your punctuation points any longer. Pop open a beer and soda, take hold of our paint brush/spraygun and relax. Nobody, certainly not me, is trying to squash your freedom of speech or opinion. ;)

(But, my angle is to avoid having 40k/Warhammer opponents migrate to greener pastures. I need them here in shared misery and addiction to GW games.)
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:01 am

job wrote:(But, my angle is to avoid having 40k/Warhammer opponents migrate to greener pastures. I need them here in shared misery and addiction to GW games.)
Gamers dont migrate, we expand. :lol:
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:38 am

Now if we can get Ikeda-san to expand, we could have a local Mecca for wargaming. Does Privateer Press offer sales in Japan?
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:11 am

job wrote:Now if we can get Ikeda-san to expand, we could have a local Mecca for wargaming. Does Privateer Press offer sales in Japan?
I think Ikeda san will need to make some return on his investment before he expands his business. Dont forget, this isnt even his day job yet.
PP offer sales worldwide if you contact their distributors, but currently all their models can be bought cheaper from overseas so there is really no incentive for shops to start selling them in Japan.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:27 am

Primarch wrote:
job wrote:Now if we can get Ikeda-san to expand, we could have a local Mecca for wargaming. Does Privateer Press offer sales in Japan?
I think Ikeda san will need to make some return on his investment before he expands his business. Dont forget, this isnt even his day job yet.
PP offer sales worldwide if you contact their distributors, but currently all their models can be bought cheaper from overseas so there is really no incentive for shops to start selling them in Japan.
Yeah, but price should never be the thing for a game shop. You buy at a game shop in order to have a local place to meet and enjoy your hobby. I think it is similar the reason to drink at a bar, pub or tavern instead of buying at the supermarket and going home. Sure it's more expensive, but you've got some place to be social and escape work (and home).
Also I think it is good that this isn't his full time job. I'm afraid it could never be, but if Nagoyan gamers can support the store enough and if Ikeda could expand a bit, I'm sure in time the Town Cryer could be kind of weekend oasis for tabletop gamers. (Maybe a pipe-dream, but I think it could be doable someday.)
Anyway, I don't think it would be good for it to be a weekday joint. It could lead to too many of us hanging out there rather then running home after work. :mrgreen:
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:33 am

Primarch wrote:Gamers dont migrate, we expand. :lol:
Some of us more than others.

<rim shot>
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 16 infantry

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:42 pm

The Other Dave wrote:
Primarch wrote:Gamers dont migrate, we expand. :lol:
Some of us more than others.

<rim shot>

huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhu.......he said "rim shot".....huhuhuhu.... :lol:
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:42 pm

I agree that it would be nice to have a place to hang out and shoot the gaming breeze. Unfortunately, Nagoya ain't it for us here in Mie. Unless I go to Joshin (something I haven't done in like a year).

My hat goes off to the brave souls who start up a gaming store. I salute you!

As for where to buy, I am currently not a customer gaming stores could make a living off. I may buy something from Ikeda-San if I can, but I don't think it'll be anytime soon. Purely because I am not in the market at the mo.

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:44 pm

Ikeda-san rocks! :)

For a start, the guy being unable to order hammerers from GW, tracks down some used ones from one of his Tokyo friend, then sells them to me at a great price. That is just awesome! :D

Then, on all things he can order from GW and things in his store, he is offering a 15% discount. That is great.

Finally, he also offered to allow me to order special order things through him so I don't have to pay GW the delivery rates.

I'm definitely going to be buying most of my stuff through him. :!:

Oh, two things:
1) The 15% discount I wrote about above is on everything he has, so if you guys like to have new GW stuff...
2) Sunday, he's having an Armies on Parade event, so it might be something to check out if you guys are playing at Joshin or passing through Osu.
Last edited by job on Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:36 pm

job wrote:Kondo-san rocks! :)
If only you could remember his name correctly. (Hint, its in the first post of this thread).
Ah well. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Links - リンク”