Welcome

All new members can introduce themselves here. If you can speak/write Japanese and English, please feel free to use both languages. 新メンバーはここで自己紹介をしてください。もし、英語と日本語を話し、書けるならどちらの言葉も自由に使って下さい。
Karantu
Champion

Re: Welcome

Post by Karantu » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:21 am

Welcome to Nagoyahammer,

I would recommend dropping by to one of the monthly gaming events (no rush given the current situation though) and get a feel of things. Its also easier to rope people in to playing things in person.

Personally I have a little experience with D&D 5e and would be interested in playing but the biggest limitation would be time since I'm already struggling to play everything I want to play during our monthly events.

When it comes to starting a new game system, I recommend asking someone for a demo game before deciding what you want to jump into since most of the popular games tend to require a bit of an initial investment.
As far as I know the most popular games these days are:
・Warhammer 40k 9th edition
・Warhammer: Age of Sigmar 3rd edition
・Kill Team (probably once the new edition is out in a few weeks)
・Warhammer Underworlds
・Warcry

Depending on what sort of setting you're into and what scale (e.g. skirmish game with a few miniatures) you're interested in I could recommend some others that people have been playing.

Aeve
Rookie

Post by Aeve » Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:51 am

Hello!

I hope I am doing this right. :)
I am from Germany and recently moved to Aichi.
I know this forum is mostly dedicated to Warhammer, but I would love to find people that are also interested in DnD in here! I am still a newbie to all of this myself, but I really enjoyed playing DnD and want to continue doing that in Japan.
I also did a oneshot with Call of Cthulu!
So if there are any people who are still looking for a group, please contact me :)

Best regards,

Aeve

jus

Post by jus » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:06 am

Hello Aeve,

Welcome to the forum. Introducing yourself here was absolutely the right thing to do. Most of the people in this group play miniature war/skirmish games but several of us have expereince or have shown an interest in tabletop RPGS. I would love to play so if we can get a group together that would be great.

If you have the time I would invite you to attend one of our monthly meetings ( the next one is tomorrow actually). Link to here for all the details: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4190 We would love to meet you in person.

cheers,
Jus

Aeve
Rookie

Post by Aeve » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:06 am

Thank you for your message, Jus!

Unfortunately I was busy yesterday, but I will definitely attend the next event.

Hope you had fun!

Aeve

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:40 am

Hello Aeve,

Welcome to NagoyaHammer.
There are a few D&D groups around, so hopefully you can find some people to play with.
There is a shop called Yellow Submarine in the Osu/Kamimaezu area of Nagoya that sells D&D books (in Japanese), dice and dungeon tiles, as well as board games and card games. It's kind of hidden away down a side street, but if you can find it, it is probably a good place to pick up supplies and maybe start looking for a group.

Kind regards,
Prim (aka Stuart)
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Aeve
Rookie

Post by Aeve » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:32 am

Hello Prim,

yes, I checked the store out and got especially excited about the Paladin spell card set! I will definitely go there again.

So excited to meet some of you in person! :)

Aeve

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:23 am

Hello and welcome Aeve!

I'm playing in a Call of Cthulhu game and DM'ing a Pathfinder game, both online.
I'd probably be too busy to DM another game, but I could probably find enough time to join a game as a player.
Let me know if you find some more people and a time to play!
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:46 pm

Hi Aeve, Welcome!

I currently play/GM Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition, as well as a few other RPGs. I am not sure if I have time or not, but if you are looking for players on Saturday nights or Sundays, let me know.

Aeve
Rookie

Post by Aeve » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:28 am

Thank you all for your replies!

Unfortunately I am still a newbie myself, so I am unsure if I would be fit to be a DM right away, but I'm working on it :)

Now it is just the question to find someone who'd be willing to be a DM...

Aeve

Return to “Introductions - イントロ”