Hello!

All new members can introduce themselves here. If you can speak/write Japanese and English, please feel free to use both languages. 新メンバーはここで自己紹介をしてください。もし、英語と日本語を話し、書けるならどちらの言葉も自由に使って下さい。
Para
Rookie

Hello!

Post by Para » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:28 am

Hello everyone! My name is Greg and I moved to Nagoya from the US about a year and a half ago. I am very excited to learn of this community as I have really been missing playing warhammer40k and I didn't know where to look for a community to play with. I have just a couple imperial knights for painting fun here in Japan but I am hoping to build an imperial guard army soon. I also have dabbled in Bolt Action and would be interested in getting into that in the future if anyone else plays.

I have not played 10th edition of 40k but am really interested to try at some point. I hope to able to join for some games once I get my army built but if there is a painting night/model building night that people do that would be awesome to join in sooner. Nice to meet you all!

YellowStreak
Legend

Re: Hello!

Post by YellowStreak » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:53 am

Hi nice to meet you! If you're free on Sunday March 24th, there is a regular gaming day at e-Able https://e-able-nagoya.jp/ near Higashi Betsuin station on the Meijo Line. Feel free to drop by and say hello!
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:45 pm

howdy howdy!

Nice to make your aquaintance. As YS mentioned, there's a game day next week that'd be a good opportunity to pop in and say hi to folks. Unfortunately I won't make it this month myself, but maybe next month? And I'll defo be there in golden week for the Nagoyahammer event weekend thingy. Hopefully see you over a game table some time soon :)

(Oh, btw, I'm Dave, not the other one (there's an Other Dave... :? )

Also - hooray! You're inexperienced with 10th ed. I am also a newb at this 10th ed malarkey, so we can be equally incompetent together :D
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

ashdevon
Warrior

Post by ashdevon » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:30 am

Welcome. To the machine. :)
Happy gaming.
Nearly finished the pile of miniatures from 2013.
Painting mainly historical with some fantasy and Sci-Fi.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:46 pm

Para wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:28 am
Hello everyone! My name is Greg and I moved to Nagoya from the US about a year and a half ago. I am very excited to learn of this community as I have really been missing playing warhammer40k and I didn't know where to look for a community to play with. I have just a couple imperial knights for painting fun here in Japan but I am hoping to build an imperial guard army soon. I also have dabbled in Bolt Action and would be interested in getting into that in the future if anyone else plays.

I have not played 10th edition of 40k but am really interested to try at some point. I hope to able to join for some games once I get my army built but if there is a painting night/model building night that people do that would be awesome to join in sooner. Nice to meet you all!
Hi Greg,

Sorry for not replying sooner. Welcome to the NagoyaHammer forum.

Warhammer 40K is very popular locally and there are always people playing it at the monthly games days.
As for Bolt Action, there are a few players locally (I have about a dozen armies for it), so if you are interested in trying it, I'm sure someone can lend you everything to play until you get your own models ready.

Feel free to jump into any ongoing threads on the forum or start your own if there is something you'd like to discuss.

Kind regards,
Prim (aka Stuart).
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:27 am

Hello Greg. Welcome to the Nagoya Hammer forum!

I used to be a more active member here but, well, two kids happened. However I’m still into Bolt Action, so I hope you’ll be up for it some time.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Return to “Introductions - イントロ”