The Plan

All new members can introduce themselves here. If you can speak/write Japanese and English, please feel free to use both languages. 新メンバーはここで自己紹介をしてください。もし、英語と日本語を話し、書けるならどちらの言葉も自由に使って下さい。
Seb
Champion

Re: The Plan

Post by Seb » Mon May 30, 2011 12:51 am

ashmie wrote:Cool! A pirate memory game!
Only have you got anything a little less Piratey?
Little Britain the toy shop sketch.
:lol:
Margaret!... Margaret!!

I think that this was a great plan. Unfortunately for me I don't like pirates :)
My "Cutlass" will have to become Strange Aeons instead.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon May 30, 2011 1:16 am

And of course, right on cue, Pirates of the Caribbean 3 was on TV last night.

Sure it's a poo movie, but you have to admit that it does have lots of cool set-piece battles that make you go "Yarrr! Fantasy pirates!"
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 11 infantry

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon May 30, 2011 4:42 am

ashmie wrote:Cool! A pirate memory game!
Only have you got anything a little less Piratey?
Little Britain the toy shop sketch.

I'd go for the pirates if I were to invest. The scenery will be really fun to make. Are you going for desert island or Jamaican port side with Inns or ships at sea?
The plan is for 3 tables.
One will be a port side town.
One will be a tropical island with cliffs, rope bridges and stuff like that.
One will be 2 ships, locked side by side for boarding actions.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Colonel Voss

Post by Colonel Voss » Mon May 30, 2011 4:56 am

ooooooooo...... boarding actions sound cool
It's easy to die in the swamp. What's hard is to staying dead.
-Alten Ashley

Iron within, Iron without

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon May 30, 2011 4:57 am

FINALLY.
It all arrived just a few minutes ago. All the models look ok, but they'll need a couple of mould lines filing off to make them look great (no worse than any other metal minis I have seen).
The books are softback, printed in colour (with some mono-chrome sketches mixed in) and have a hobby section and what looks like info on sculpting minis and making terrain.

AND

I got two free minis in my order.
First up
Diamond Joe a Pirate character.
Secondly
The Deadly Gamesman which isnt actually a pirate model and is instead for a different series.

I will think of some type of contest and then pass these models on to the winners.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Mon May 30, 2011 5:45 am

The plan is for 3 tables.
One will be a port side town.
One will be a tropical island with cliffs, rope bridges and stuff like that.
One will be 2 ships, locked side by side for boarding actions.
Cool as ....

I'm up for the pirate gang, how much and how many minis is that? Can I order from you?
Realistically I can only afford this next month after the 21st. Do you accept paypal? I'd like a copy of the rules too.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon May 30, 2011 6:15 am

ashmie wrote:Cool as ....
I'm up for the pirate gang, how much and how many minis is that? Can I order from you?
Realistically I can only afford this next month after the 21st. Do you accept paypal? I'd like a copy of the rules too.
The pirate gang is 9 minis (as pictured) and they are in my living room right now. I also have the book and the dice.
The Crew is 2550 yen for the 9 models and the book is 2800 yen. The dice are free. :D
So the total is 5350 yen. I would really prefer cash if its all the same with you as I dont have Paypal. Everyone else is paying me at the Joshin game on the 26th of June if thats ok with you?

ennui
Veteran

Post by ennui » Mon May 30, 2011 8:55 am

Whats the size of the bases?

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon May 30, 2011 11:22 am

ennui wrote:Whats the size of the bases?
25mm round bases by the looks of them. Same as GW slotta bases really. Thats the size I'm building terrain for as well. The models are all in the 28mm range in height, give or take a pirate hat or two. :D

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon May 30, 2011 11:26 am

Cutlass! – Example of a Turn.

Each turn both players make an authority check. The player with the highest score has the initiative and will activate their models first.
The score on the authority dice is how many models may take an action. (e.g. if you roll a 7, 7 models may perform THE SAME action). After each action you reduce your score by 1 (so then 6 models could all take the same action, then 5 etc).
You can take the same action multiple times but you cannot have the same model perform an action twice in the same step. (e.g. you can move a model at steps 7, 6, 5, 4 etc but you cant move one model 7 times to begin with).
Once a player reaches zero actions, the other player has the initiative UNLESS they interrupt the enemy by reacting quickly midway through their turn.

Example:
Two crews square off against one another. Captain Sparrow and Captain Jones roll their ‘Authority checks’ at the start of the turn. Captain Sparrow rolls a 4 and Captain Jones rolls a 6. This gives Captain Jones’ team the initiative.

Playing things safe, Captain Jones issues his first set of actions. 6 members of Captain Jones’ team walk a little closer to the enemy, reducing his authority to 5. Then, having 5 models who fired their guns in a previous turn, he issues his next set of actions and all 5 of those models reload, reducing his authority to 4.
Issuing his next set of actions, 4 models are told to ‘shoot.’ One of his crewmen has a shot at Captain Sparrow across the docks and being a greedy pirate Captain Jones decides to shoot at him first.

The pirate is armed with a pistol and has an accuracy of D6. However, Captain Sparrow is stood behind some crates, which gives him cover, reducing the pirate’s accuracy to a D4 (most modifiers adjust the TYPE of dice you roll rather than your final score). Meanwhile, Captain Sparrow is quite an agile fellow and has a Dexterity of D8.
The pirate takes his shot and rolls a D4. Captain Sparrow rolls his dex of D8 to dodge.
The pirate rolls a 3, Captain Sparrow rolls an 8. As all rolls are ‘open-ended,’ Captain Sparrow can roll again and add the total to his score. This time he gets a 7 for a total of 15. He nimbly dodges the shot.

As the pirate missed the shot, Captain Sparrow can now choose to react. He rolls his reaction roll of D6 and scores a 4 (4+ is always the target to react). Now his blood is up and he’s out for revenge and can take a free 4” move (for non-captain models, reacting in this way would reduce the captain’s authority roll by 1 as if they had taken an action, but captains can react for free making them very dangerous indeed).

Captain Sparrow’s crew now have the initiative and can start to issue actions to models. Captain Jones’ crew are left flat footed and are now on the defensive until one of them can react to the enemy or Captain Sparrow’s authority is reduced to zero.

Return to “Introductions - イントロ”