The Plan

All new members can introduce themselves here. If you can speak/write Japanese and English, please feel free to use both languages. 新メンバーはここで自己紹介をしてください。もし、英語と日本語を話し、書けるならどちらの言葉も自由に使って下さい。
Primarch
Evil Overlord

The Plan

Post by Primarch » Tue May 17, 2011 2:04 pm

This has been mentioned elsewhere, but probably overlooked in the general confusion.

Due to the recent actions by GW, a lot of folk are running around making plans to convert all their 40k figures or to suddenly start playing a game that they had previously dismissed as not being their thing.

Please wait.

I am working on something. When the rumours from GW started mounting up into the colossal sh!tstorm that just broke I started making preparations. I have invested a lot of money into this and would like a chance to present it all to everyone before people go and spend all their money in some knee-jerk reaction to GW's massive d!ck-move.

Hopefully I will have things in place for the event at Joshin this month. If not, it will all be ready by the end of June. I'd really appreciate it if everyone could just cool their heels for a while longer. I'm keeping things under wraps for now. But there are hints around if people look for them. I cant guarantee that it'll be to everyone's liking, but it should appeal to some of you I hope. I promise I wont be making one yen of profit out of this and I will be keeping things as cheap as possible.

In the meantime, continue playing WFB, 40K etc. Just because the company sucks doesnt mean you should change all your plans.

Thank you.

Primarch.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: The Plan

Post by me_in_japan » Tue May 17, 2011 2:36 pm

I'll still be playing 40k, warmahordes and Mali, as I have been since I were a nipper (well, 40k, at least.)

as I said elsewhere, intend to just keep on trucking with what Ive got, and not buy any more GW stuff. Dat is all. No shift away from/to game systems or anything like that.

btw, I fink oi might no wot yor plannin'
If I'm right, it's a good plan. If Im wrong, then hahah! I have a cunning plan of my own!
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Wed May 18, 2011 1:57 am

I will give you he benefit of the doubt... but there was not a lot I was going to buy just one 1500 point army of every race currently supported .. but now I will not be doing that... I will just hold on to what I have. I will still play the games but I do not want to give any more money to GW they have broken my trust and that is that. I do not what you you put your self in a bind on account of my deciding to pick up WarMhordes there is far less to collect in that line and the models are great. many of them will proxy nicely to GW games... at there very least Spevna and I will be able to play with card board boxes and models mad of green stuff... Kenya still loves her nids lucky for me there is a Legion in the hordes line she can fall back on this models for anything else in the collection. As for the Necrons I will have to exercise a bit of creativity when they come out with new units this year... but I should be fine..
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed May 18, 2011 4:01 am

Admiral-Badruck wrote:I will still play the games but I do not want to give any more money to GW they have broken my trust and that is that. I do not what you you put your self in a bind on account of my deciding to pick up WarMhordes
You think I'm talking about GW stuff?
Think again.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed May 18, 2011 4:34 am

Just to make things clearer

The Plan
1. Has nothing to do with setting up a new supply chain.
2. Is unrelated to anything current from GW.
3. Is undertaken entirely at my own risk. (but I would appreciate your support)
4. Is wicked awesome in my opinion.
5. Will ease the transition away from GW for those who are interested and will be fun for all regardless.
6. Will be easily affordable. I'm hoping less than 3000 yen maximum.
7. Wont require constant purchases of models. (Though you can if you want to).
8. Seriously has nothing to do with GW.
9. Will not require you to bring massive cases of models to every event.
10. Can easily be done alongside Warmachine, Malifaux, Dystopian Wars etc without causing any problems
11. Will allow you free reign over your fluff/fiction etc
12. Will allow for proxied models
13. Will happily accept models with green stuffed hats.
14. Wont require you to paint hordes of models.
15. Wont burden you with thousands of kilos of metal/plastic if the production company decides screwing customers is fun.
16. Will put everyone on an equal footing. There will be no veterans to begin with.
17. Honestly is completely unrelated to Warhammer.
18. Wont require massive amounts of table space at Joshin.
19. Fits in with current pop culture and recent parts of the media.
20. Did I mention it was wicked awesome?
21. Can be a one-off thing, but ideally will be an ongoing campaign at Joshin
:lol:

#edited#

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon May 23, 2011 6:58 am

Howdy folks.
Just to give you an update on what is happening, (whether you care or not. :lol: ),
I'm still waiting on a ship containing the contents of The Plan, but I have begun construction on 1 of the 2 initial gaming tables (a 3rd will follow depending on the success of The Plan). Using all the experience I got from putting together the NagoyaHammer tables, I intend to build 2 sets of terrain for you guys to use. When I am finished, both should look frikkin' awesome, though at the moment the one I am working on looks like a lot of hard work and a big pile of polystyrene. :D

The Plan continues......

Miggy Smallz

Post by Miggy Smallz » Mon May 23, 2011 4:57 pm

Looking forward to at least reading more!
The lions sing and the hills take flight.
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon May 23, 2011 10:38 pm

Miggy Smallz wrote:Looking forward to at least reading more!
If you ever thought about trying out wargaming (on a small scale rather than armies of hundreds of models), this would be a great point to jump in and see what its like.....

Miggy Smallz

Post by Miggy Smallz » Mon May 23, 2011 11:38 pm

I... I think I might know what you're talking about, now, but I'll wait and see (and, possibly, not ruin the surprise). My wife'd kill me if I got into the massive army tactical wargaming hobby, but things on a smaller scale sound just about right. :P
The lions sing and the hills take flight.
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.

Seb
Champion

Post by Seb » Tue May 24, 2011 2:53 am

I have no idea, but I am looking forward to see/hear more!

Return to “Introductions - イントロ”