Hello!

All new members can introduce themselves here. If you can speak/write Japanese and English, please feel free to use both languages. 新メンバーはここで自己紹介をしてください。もし、英語と日本語を話し、書けるならどちらの言葉も自由に使って下さい。
imoevi
Rookie

Hello!

Post by imoevi » Sun May 22, 2011 11:18 am

My name is Andy. I just moved to Japan from America. I have been playing Warhammer and Warhammer 40K for many years. I also play Hordes. I want to see what kind of gaming there is in Japan.

Colonel Voss

Re: Hello!

Post by Colonel Voss » Sun May 22, 2011 11:25 am

Welcome there. Where in Japan are you? There are member from all over Japan so we'll find you someone to play against.
It's easy to die in the swamp. What's hard is to staying dead.
-Alten Ashley

Iron within, Iron without

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun May 22, 2011 11:41 am

Howdy :)

Yeah, as vossy says, welcome to the forums :) And (as he also said) whereabouts in japan are you? While the majority of the folks on this forum are in the nagoya area, there are folks from all over, and those folks know lots of other folks who live in their area but arent on these forums. So, let us know where you are, and we should be able to hook you up with some gaming opponents, nae bother at aw :D

PS - what armies do you play, out of interest? myself, I play Eldar, Dark Eldar and mono-nurgle CSM for 40k, and Cryx for WMH. I also have a teensy tiny M&SU gang for Malifaux, which I need to use more than I do.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun May 22, 2011 12:33 pm

imoevi wrote:My name is Andy. I just moved to Japan from America. I have been playing Warhammer and Warhammer 40K for many years. I also play Hordes. I want to see what kind of gaming there is in Japan.
Hi Andy,
Welcome to NagoyaHammer.
Feel free to jump right in to any discussions if you feel like it. We're a friendly enough bunch, just dont take any of it too seriously. :D

Regards
Primarch (aka Stuart)
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

imoevi
Rookie

Post by imoevi » Mon May 23, 2011 8:57 am

I live in Ibaraki Prefecture. I left most of my armies at my parents home but I did bring a 40K army with me for painting and gaming. I'm also planning on building another Hordes army while I'm here.

For 40K, I brought Imperial Guard with me. But I also play Codex Marines and Tau.
For Fantasy, I mainly play Skaven, but I also have an Ogre Kingdoms army and a beginning Slaanesh Daemons army.
For Hordes, I have a Trollbloods army.

But like I said, most of these armies are still in the United States.

I'm also looking to see if there's any hobby stores nearby. I'm perfectly willing to travel to Tokyo to find them if I have to. I just don't know how to search for them.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon May 23, 2011 11:18 am

imoevi wrote:I'm also looking to see if there's any hobby stores nearby. I'm perfectly willing to travel to Tokyo to find them if I have to. I just don't know how to search for them.
Hi,
I just had a look through the GW Japan homepage. www.games-workshop.co.jp
They list 2 gaming stores in Ibaraki prefecture, but as I dont know the area I dont know where they are.
Here are the links to the GW pages and maps.
Modeller's Village - http://jp.games-workshop.com/shop/shops ... /08_02.htm
Arai Works - http://jp.games-workshop.com/shop/shops ... /08_01.htm

And here are the GW Tokyo stores.
http://jp.games-workshop.com/shop/hobbycentre.htm
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

imoevi
Rookie

Post by imoevi » Mon May 23, 2011 9:28 pm

Awesome! Thanks! I'm still learning the language and was having difficulty navigating the Japan website.

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Mon May 23, 2011 9:49 pm

Hi there and welcome to the site/Japan.
imoevi wrote:I'm also looking to see if there's any hobby stores nearby. I'm perfectly willing to travel to Tokyo to find them if I have to. I just don't know how to search for them.

If possible, I'd get what you can online from overseas retailers. You'll have more selection and the exchange rate will work in your favour. Only get stuff here if you need to as their is often quite a difference in price.
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Tue May 24, 2011 2:04 am

Spevna wrote: If possible, I'd get what you can online from overseas retailers. You'll have more selection and the exchange rate will work in your favour. Only get stuff here if you need to as their is often quite a difference in price.
Welcome to Japan and wishing you happy toy-soldiering. While what Spev says is true, I'd try and get down to the local brick and mortar stores, if only to find someone to play with! Anyone else on the list in Ibaraki?
The JIGG (Japan International Gaming Group) on Yahoo groups is another site you can post a "Hello" on.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Return to “Introductions - イントロ”