Special Offers

All new members can introduce themselves here. If you can speak/write Japanese and English, please feel free to use both languages. 新メンバーはここで自己紹介をしてください。もし、英語と日本語を話し、書けるならどちらの言葉も自由に使って下さい。
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: Special Offers

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:10 pm

Not so much a cheap special offer, but one worth bringing to folks' attention:

Adrian Smith, an artist whose work you have doubtless seen a lot of (e.g. http://www.adriansmith.co.uk/colour.html) is selling a book of his non-GW artwork. (GW already do a book of his work for them except its out of print and they aint putting it back into print, which is a pita, cos I'd buy it if they did...). Anyway, Mr. Smith is selling a book of his art for 25 quid. It's limited in availability (1 print run only). You can, at the mo, pre-order it for 25 quid from his facebook page (hey, facebook have a store app now, whodathunk?) You also get a ltd ed signed print if you pre-order.

http://www.facebook.com/artofadriansmith

I'm a sucker for art books, but I do rather like Adrian Smith's stuff. Almost Paul Bonner-ish in some ways (although by no means always.) His 4 pics of CSM are, to my mind, the definitive versions of how they should look.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:20 am

Ikeda san at Town Crier is having a New Year's Sale.
The sale runs from the 4th to the 6th and you can order stuff in person or by email.

Unfortunately I couldn't get the exact details of the sale, but it looks like he is offering 50% off one item if you order 3 items. You're probably best off talking to him directly to be honest.
New Year New Year's sale is from 13:00 on Fri., January 4, and it carries out a New Year sale. - One 50%OFF I turn OFF only one 50% in shopping once. However, conditions: Other goods are come by off usual / 20% when that I certainly ask you for two or more shopping & orders.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:20 pm

:roll: :mrgreen:
Last edited by Admiral-Badruck on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:50 pm

Ikeda san at Town Crier asked me to pass on a message to everyone. This Sunday (March 11th, 2013) he is offering a special discount for GW products. Warhammer 40K is 40% off and Warhammer Fantasy is 35% off.

Here's the catch, his shop will be closed for most of the day as he is running an introduction event for new players. To get the discount you will have to either:
A) Pop in to the event (Its at the womens center/lifelong learning center that we use for most of the NagoyaHammer events)
or
B) Email him. He has recently changed his cell phone email address, so if you need it, please PM me and I will pass it on.

Only orders made on SUNDAY will be eligible for the discounted rate.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:27 am

Warlord Games are offering a 10% discount on all products between now and the end of December. Enter the special code BADSANTA at checkout to apply the discount. They do free shipping over 50 pounds, and charge a flat rate of 2 pounds on any smaller orders.

If anyone is planning to order, please PM me as there are a couple of pieces I'm interested in picking up, but nowhere near enough to hit the 50 pound limit for shipping.

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:57 pm

I have just noticed that Warlord Games are offering some hefty discounts on their rules systems, about a third off generally. It doesn't include any Bolt Action or Dredd, but it does cover most Black Powder (bar Zulu) Hail Caesar and Pike and Shotte.
IMO 20 quid for a copy of Black Powder is terrific value for a great game, so now is a good time for any vacillators who have ummed and ahhed about whether to get stuck in. The deal runs from now until the 1st February.
I think I'll be picking up a supplement or two at those prices, especially if the free miniatures are included.
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:42 pm

Lovejoy wrote:I have just noticed that Warlord Games are offering some hefty discounts on their rules systems, about a third off generally. It doesn't include any Bolt Action or Dredd, but it does cover most Black Powder (bar Zulu) Hail Caesar and Pike and Shotte.
IMO 20 quid for a copy of Black Powder is terrific value for a great game, so now is a good time for any vacillators who have ummed and ahhed about whether to get stuck in. The deal runs from now until the 1st February.
I think I'll be picking up a supplement or two at those prices, especially if the free miniatures are included.
I think the Hail Caesar expansion books don't include free minis. From what I recall, free figures come with the core books and the Albion Triumphant books.

The core books, Hail Caesar, Pike & Shotte and Black Powder are all great books. Lots of pictures of minis from a variety of companies (not just Warlord's), an easy to learn rules system and a brief history and battle report for major conflicts that fall within each book's range.

IMHO, the Albion Triumphant books for Black Powder are fantastic. The Last Argument of Kings book is handy as an introduction to one part of the Black Powder era, but is very broad in scope. The Hail Caesar army lists are not that great unless you plan to collect a very wide range of periods and models. The Dacia and Brittania boks are both pretty good if you are interested in Romans. They provide rules for campaigns, scenarios and units. The Dacia book is more focussed on rules options whereas the Brittania book focuses more on the background.

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:21 pm

Thanks for the run down. I think that the 2nd Hail Caesar army list book (Viking Cover) used to have the Harold Steptoeson model, it doesn't seem to be included now.
After reading your capsule reviews, I think that I'll spring for Albion 1, Last Argument and Brittania, since I have French Naps, a burgeoning interest in FIW, and some unpainted Celtic Britons in the cupboard..sure I will make use of the 3 books in time. In any case, they are sure to be decent reads. That also nets me the Highlander and British Ensign minis, a nice bonus!
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:15 pm

Lovejoy wrote:Thanks for the run down. I think that the 2nd Hail Caesar army list book (Viking Cover) used to have the Harold Steptoeson model, it doesn't seem to be included now.
It was never included. It was just released at the same time.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:42 pm

For those of you with an interest in the historical side of our hobby, Osprey are having a 20% discount sale on everything from now until Monday 21st. This includes Bolt Action books, and rules for In Her Majesty's Name and Ronin. They have a flat rate for shipping of 5 GBP regardless of the size of your order, so if you want some background material for your next project, a few extra rulebooks for your collection or just some interesting books to read you may want to take a look at their site.
http://www.ospreypublishing.com/store/

Return to “Introductions - イントロ”