Hello!

All new members can introduce themselves here. If you can speak/write Japanese and English, please feel free to use both languages. 新メンバーはここで自己紹介をしてください。もし、英語と日本語を話し、書けるならどちらの言葉も自由に使って下さい。
Eigen
Rookie

Hello!

Post by Eigen » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:32 am

Hi there, I found this thread in a link from another site advertising last May's major event.

My name is Kevin and I've just moved to Gujo Hachiman in Gifu Prefecture in August. I used to play WH40k in 4th edition but got rid of my Space Marines in 5th when I was doing many other hobbies (CCG's, D&D, Vampire:the Masq/Req, Traveller RPG).

Since coming to Japan, Gujo tends to be VERY dead at night, and I recently got the knack to pick up some models and paints and spend my evenings working my hardest at another army. With the 6th edition rumours and some substantiated claims revolving around the new Tau waves coming out, I decided to start a Tau xeno army.

I'm hoping to find some really good websites or places to buy Tau for a good price (Already scouring the forums!) and maybe take advice on other popular types of modelling/tabletop wargames that are popular in Japan! I'm not sure what I want to PLAY but I am looking for great games that involve collecting and modelling/painting.

Great to meet y'all and I hope to head into Nagoya some weekends for fun!

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Hello!

Post by Primarch » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:52 am

Hi Kevin and welcome to NagoyaHammer.
Unfortunately cheap shops are hard to come by these days, but there is one store in Nagoya where you can get models at a slightly cheaper rate than the regular GW prices.
If you come along to one of the monthly games days in Nagoya I am sure someone will be happy to take you there.
We have a couple of Tau players on the forums if you have any questions about them. Feel free to jump into any ongoing threads or even start your own. Folks around here tend to debate their points quite strongly at times. It is nothing personal.

As for other popular games to try, I would suggest looking on the forum for posts about Warmachine and Hordes, Malifaux, Flames of War and Black Powder as they all seem to have their own groups of players.

Primarch
(Aka Stuart.)
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:01 am

Howdy there Eigen - glad to have you aboard. 40k is generating quite a lot of interest here at the mo due to the aforementioned 6th ed rumors, and you should have no trouble finding some opponents. I'm an eldar/dark eldar man myself, with the occasional dabble with mono-nurgle marines. There are also a good few warmahordes players here, as well as blood bowl, mordheim and so on. Last year warhammer fantasy was very popular, too. I'm down in Tsu, in mie prefecture, but most folks are in Nagoya, and there's even a couple of guys up there in Gifu with you (they'll be along to introduce themselves soon, I'm sure.) anyway, please feel free to wander the forums and chip in to any conversation you fancy. Occasionally things can get a bit heated and folks throw the odd strop when they don't get their way, but tbh most people here are pretty um...let's say 'veteran' gamers, and with age comes a certain degree of restraint, so you should be fine and dandy.

Anyway, right - I'm waffling now, so I'll stop. Welcome to the forums :)

*edit* Prim makes a good point about prices here. I'm not sure how aware you are of the Great Games Workshop Shipping Embargo Fiasco, but it's a doozy, let me tell you. I'll explain more later, if you care :)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Colonel Voss

Post by Colonel Voss » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:22 am

Hey,

As one of the few the proud, the Gifuites, let me welcome you to the boonies of Nagoya. I'm down in Seki so about an hour or so away from you. Right now I'm preparing to move so once I'm settled, we can talk about a game or something. I'm DoC and IG for 40k. I'm sure the other Gifu person will be along soon enough to talk about his Tau. Anyways welcome!
It's easy to die in the swamp. What's hard is to staying dead.
-Alten Ashley

Iron within, Iron without

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:34 pm

Welcome to the community! If you ever need some where to shoot the breeze or arrange a game, this is the place. I'm sure many of us here would be willing to help you with advice about living in this area or have games with you anytime.

Cheers!
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Eigen
Rookie

Post by Eigen » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:03 pm

Wow, what a wicked active board. :)

Thanks all! So for being stuck in Gujo with infrequent trips to Nagoya...what would be the best way to order in the models? I picked up all the glues, paints, cutters, basing mediums and supplies in Kyoto but the store was exclusively military models.

Is there a good site that'll deliver for prices similar to Yellow Sub? Or ebay?

Once I get a patrol squad (500pts) of Tau done up at the least I'll be sure to join y'all for some games. I'd love to see the other game systems and their tabletop presence!

Colonel Voss

Post by Colonel Voss » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:14 pm

I usually order out of iconoclasm http://www.hobbymetal-iconoclasm.com/
It's easy to die in the swamp. What's hard is to staying dead.
-Alten Ashley

Iron within, Iron without

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:14 pm

Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:21 pm

The best guy to order from around here is ikeda San he is the best price in Japan free delivery plus he is fun to play against when he has time for a game. He sells all the GW stuff.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:46 pm

I should probly point out (cos he didnt) that the admiral also lives in Gifu, plays Tau*, and loves 40k like it was his own firstborn child. He may be of assistance to you...

He also does mean tacos :)

*to be 100% accurate, he plays the Tau that I sold to him and used the proceeds thereof to buy my dark eldar. So when those pointy eared li'l devils are chopping yer nadgers off, remember: funded by Tau :D
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Return to “Introductions - イントロ”