New Blood

All new members can introduce themselves here. If you can speak/write Japanese and English, please feel free to use both languages. 新メンバーはここで自己紹介をしてください。もし、英語と日本語を話し、書けるならどちらの言葉も自由に使って下さい。
Mukker
Rookie

New Blood

Post by Mukker » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:31 am

Hi, my name's Damian and I'm pretty chuffed at stumbling across you lot.

Would be great to get some regular gaming in. I usually paint a bit while abroad but without games something's always missing. Play nearly all of the GW games to some extent and a few others.

Working in Gifu, just north of Nagoya which is supremely convenient. If you're meeting at the end of this month I'd love to pop in.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: New Blood

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:17 am

Hi Damian, and welcome to Nagoyahammer. You'll find we're a fairly easy-going bunch here, with an emphasis on fun games rather than winning at all costs. There's a fair spread of games played, including 40k (most of us have armies, although other games have their turn in the spotlight, too) and Bolt Action and Warmahordes get a look-in, too. I'm sure you'd be very welcome at this month's event (canny mind where it is this month - I'm based in Tsu, so I don't make it up to Nagoya much) but others will be able to point you in the right direction, and probably hook you up with a game. We do a fair bit of chatting in the "what did you do today?" thread, so that's where I'd recommend dropping in to see what's happening. That said, by all means putter about the forums and join/start threads as you see fit.

Anyway - welcome aboard :)

-Dave

Ps I play Eldar (er...all of em. I have elf issues :P ) and mono-nurgle CSM for 40k. How about yourself?
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:38 am

Hello Mukker/Damian and welcome to the forum.

As M_i_J says, feel free to join in threads as you see fit. We are having our next gaming session on the 29th of this month. Take a look in the Games/Group finder section.
We play a fairly wide range of games, not just the stuff from GW, though at our big event in May, 40K takes centre stage for a day. More details are in the NagoyaHammer events section.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them up and someone will be along to answer them for you.

Regards,
Stuart.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Mukker
Rookie

Post by Mukker » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:20 am

Thanks for the welcome.

Collection is kinda scattered at the moment though I do play a lot of Epic Titan Legions and have a religious nut Space Marine 40K force with a few Sisters of Battle. Always interested in non-GW games as well (got a bit of a thing for Babylon 5 Wars). With the possibility of actual games I'll have a reason to get a real force together.

Don't have anything with me at the moment as I've just moved over to Japan though I'll be picking a load of stuff up at Christmas. Feels like time for something new. Would be good to pop down on the 29th to get some ideas going and check it out.

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:30 am

Welcome Mukker!
If you're looking for something new I'd recommend checking out Bolt Action (WWII historical) and maybe Gates of Antares (which has just come out, but is Sci-Fi based on the excellent Bolt Action system).

Look forward to meeting you at Joshin!
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:36 pm

Welcome aboard. Always good to get some new blood. There has not been a lot of Gee-Dub gaming recently (asides from me and the ladz playing Gorkamorka, which barely counts) but just about everyone has an 40K/FB army (or two, or three.....) about and someone is always good for a game. I got Orks and Stunties and as MIJ mentioned, Elf issues. But I have found a way to deal with it, by stomping on them whenever the little buggers sit still long enough.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Return to “Introductions - イントロ”