Black Friday 2015

All new members can introduce themselves here. If you can speak/write Japanese and English, please feel free to use both languages. 新メンバーはここで自己紹介をしてください。もし、英語と日本語を話し、書けるならどちらの言葉も自由に使って下さい。
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Black Friday 2015

Post by Primarch » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:10 pm

It looks like a few hobby companies are offering some deals over the weekend.
Wyrd has some special edition minis with large orders.
Spartan is offering boxed sets at up to 40% off.
Warlord will be having a 1/2 price sale on sprues (which is about 20% off the cost of boxed sets) and special deals on starter sets.
4Ground have a 10% off deal from the 26th to the end of the month if you use the code: BF2015 (large orders go free of shipping and no VAT for us here in Japan).

If anyone spots any more deals, post them up here.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: Black Friday 2015

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:26 pm

battlefoam are doing their usual sizeable discount, which, given their shipping costs, makes it just baaaaaarely conceivable to buy one of their bags.

That said, I do have a few Bfoam bags, and have nothing bad to say about them (bar their cost...)

Also, seems obvious, but Amazon will be selling board games cheap.

The dice store online is also selling board games cheap at the moment.

ps - @prim - ooooooh. 4ground with no vat, 10% off and free shipping is looking mighty attractive right now. I'm sniffing around after some sci fi stuff, and heyandguesswhat they've started a new sci fi range since I last looked at their site...
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:11 pm

Sarissa Precision are also doing a 10% off deal, use the code SPBF2015. Sarissa are generally cheaper than 4Ground, but require more effort to finish off as they are unpainted. They usually lack interiors as well.

Victrix are offering 30% off from their webstore if Napoleonics, Greeks and Romans are your thing.

Osprey are offering 30% off their games, which include Ronin, Lion Rampant, In Her Majesty's Name and the upcoming Dragon Rampant. I think Bolt Action is included if you want to pick up some extra army books.

If you head over to BoLS, they have a few links to other terrain companies offering discounts or bundles for Infinity.

Forgeworld are running an offer to spend 75Gbp now (with shipping at full price) and get a free shipping voucher to use in January, though you'd be better served just saving up enough to place a big order and get free shipping anyway.

GW are running some bundle deals online and in their stores, offering about 20% off, but the cheapest bundle is 20,000 yen or so.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:50 pm

mwahahaha! :twisted:

I can't help but feel that was a good bit o shopping. 5 buildings from 4ground (which, pricewise, btw, is much of a muchness with sarissa, because 4ground deduct VAT and sarissa dont). Anyway, base cost - VAT (about 17%) - an additional 10% (black friday), and including free tracked UPS shipping. Must have saved a good 30odd quid on buildings, and they usually charge 30 quid for UPS. Best part? All paid for with sales of minis on ebay and I still have cash left over for the dropfleet kickstarter!

Great success!

ps, I am aware I'm being that customer, the order of whom the store looks at and goes "right bob, time to close that particular loophole"... :? I just kinda feel...well, y'know, 's a good deal, no?

pps - I notice, however, that 4ground dont do gantries. You can never have too many gantries in your sci fi games. Sarissa do some nice ones, and they have flat rate 2.50 shipping. I may be paying them a visit come christmas time...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:58 pm

Just ordered a load of stuff from 4Ground AND Sarissa, some Japanese buildings for Ronin/Pike and Shotte, some timber framed buildings for anything in North West Europe post 1500, a pile of bases and movement trays, some carts and some tables and chairs and a piano. Just because. :D

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:25 pm

Alternative Armies are doing free shipping on all orders over £10 is weekend, and they are throwing in a free Liche Lord too.
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Post by AndrewGPaul » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:17 pm

me_in_japan wrote:pps - I notice, however, that 4ground dont do gantries. You can never have too many gantries in your sci fi games. Sarissa do some nice ones, and they have flat rate 2.50 shipping. I may be paying them a visit come christmas time...
Don't do any gantries ... yet. :) There's a new building coming soon(albeit not one with any gantries), assuming you mean the 28mm Jesserai range (and they've also just announced a 15mm Jesserai range too, which looks like the 10mm stuff scaled up by 150%. :)

Mind you, I'm not fond of gantries. They're useful in their place, but the way most people set up their tables, there's walkways going to and from nowhere. Alongside Mass Effect-inspired octagonal pods, they're apparently that thing that everyone "needs" to make. Yawn.

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:06 am

Tempting! I would love to splurge on those new 4ground 28mm sci fi buildings for use in Dredd, as well as their gorgeous fantasy stuff. I've spent a fair bit in 2015 though, and have stacks of unassembled and unpainted tat/treasures including an mdf castle and a ridiculous but cool 4ground tower. I'll be a good boy and give the dwindling hobby fund a rest for a bit. Maybe next xmas.
I would love to see MiJ's futuristic living podlets when they hit the table though. Ditto Prim's samurai terrain.
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:56 am

AndrewGPaul wrote:
me_in_japan wrote:pps - I notice, however, that 4ground dont do gantries. You can never have too many gantries in your sci fi games. Sarissa do some nice ones, and they have flat rate 2.50 shipping. I may be paying them a visit come christmas time...
Mind you, I'm not fond of gantries. They're useful in their place, but the way most people set up their tables, there's walkways going to and from nowhere.
A lot of tables I see pictures of on the internet do remind me of this:
http://i.imgur.com/fIAuNA6.gif :lol:

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:41 pm

I ended up buying some gantries from Sarissa, too, becaue 10% off is 10% off, and I pretty much have my heart set on gantries. I did take extra special care to make sure that all my gantry ends had steps on em, though :)

I'll be keeping my eyes on Zen Terrain, too, cos they have some nice sci fi stuff and apparently they do christmas sales... :? I was less impressed by wargame-model-mods - despite the niceness of their stuff, their shipping is an ass and they dont deduct VAT or anything. Too pricey, especially compared with 4ground. Now, if only 4ground could do a nice big section of industrial pipes...

I've spent a hella lot on terrain this year, which a few years ago I would never have considered doing. Build it yersel, was always my feelings on teh matter, but I just do not have the time these days, and all money spent this year came either from money I got from mini sales or was given for the express purpose of buying toys n crap. No household money was harmed in the buying of this year's stuff. Finally, I spent really very little on minis this year, and again, a lot of that came from mini sales (I sold 400USD worth of minis this year. and by "worth" I mean thats what I got for them.)

Return to “Introductions - イントロ”