Arriving in Nagoya September 2016

All new members can introduce themselves here. If you can speak/write Japanese and English, please feel free to use both languages. 新メンバーはここで自己紹介をしてください。もし、英語と日本語を話し、書けるならどちらの言葉も自由に使って下さい。
Simon W
Rookie

Arriving in Nagoya September 2016

Post by Simon W » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:03 am

Greetings to all,

I will be arriving in Nagoya from Malaysia this September and looking to make contact with fellow miniatures gamers in the area who are available to game and motivate me to sort my life out and deal with my mass of unpainted metal.

My interests (at the moment) are mostly historical -

American Civil War (28mm) - 'Brother against Brother' anyone?
Mexican American War (28mm) - Just the Mexicans at the moment.
Texan War of Independence (28mm) - Ditto - Got a thing for Mexico...
Dark Ages Romano-British (28mm)
+ the beginnings of Austrian and Prussian Seven Years War armies in 28mm
Cold War (1/300) - Dutch company/squadron group
1967 and 1973 Arab Israeli Wars (1/200 - not a typo)
Samurai (6mm)

That said, I'm willing to give pretty much anything a go.

Cheers,

Simon

Spevna

Re: Arriving in Nagoya September 2016

Post by Spevna » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:11 pm

Hi there,

Historical stuff is growing in popularity here. I'm pretty interested in dark ages too and have a few factions. I've got :

Picts/Scots
Saxons
Vikings
Normans

Not played any games with them yet, but I'm keen to get in some Saga.

Which rules do you use?
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:34 pm

Hello Simon! Welcome aboard our little outpost.

I'm glad to have another historical player. Personally I play Napoleonics (Black Powder), 28mm WWII (Bolt Action), and 15mm WWII (Flames of War).

For you are going to play American Civil War, i might bite when I clear my table of some projects (say 2017). I'm also game to try other periods and rule sets including the 7-Years War. Very intriguing.

Please tell us more about which rulesets you use and please join in on some threads if you like. Hope to see you soon at a table.

(Joseph)
Last edited by job on Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:55 pm

Hi Simon and welcome to Nagoyahammer.

Historical gaming is definitely more popular these days. We mainly play Warlord Games' various rules as they are fairly straightforward and fun. Personally, I have EIR Romans and Celts, Samurai, Napoleonic British, Victorian British and Zulus, all in 28mm for battalion level games, plus Saxons, WotR Lancastrians, Samurai, Victorian British and Afghans in 28mm scale for Skirmish gaming, along with far too many WW2 forces for Bolt Action.
It doesn't look like there is much overlap in our interests, but if you have forces for both sides of an engagement, I'm sure we can arrange an exchange of games.

Feel free to jump into any ongoing discussions, or start some new ones of your own.

Regards,
Primarch, aka Stuart.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:30 am

Hi Simon, welcome to Naghammer. Im afraid I don't play any historical games (it's not that I hate them, they just don't press my buttons) but increasingly I find myself in the minority in that regard, so I have no doubt you'll have no trouble finding someone to play against. Regardless, I look forward to meeting you in person at one or other of our events, and to chatting online. See you on the forums :)

MiJ (Dave, the Scottish one)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:25 am

Welcome to Nagoyahammer!
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:28 am

Welcome! 6mm Samurai sounds right up my alley - Baccus makes some beautiful stuff. (Likewise for Cold War and GHQ!) What ruleset are you using?

Another guy (Mike the Pike on here) and I have recently gotten into 6mm Napoleonics if you're interested in that. Aside from that, the big historicals around here are (as people have said) Bolt Action and the various other Warlord games in 28mm.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 17 infantry

Simon W
Rookie

Post by Simon W » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:50 am

My word, what a welcoming bunch you are...

As for rules, I do like the look of 'Saga', but to my knowledge they haven't brought out a Romano-British supplement yet. The Broken Bayonets group here in KL played a campaign using a rule set called 'Song of Arthur and Merlin', but it was a smaller scale skirmish campaign. I've got about 35 figures in my Romano-British warband at the moment so I'm looking to move up to something like 'Dux Bellorum' from Osprey. 'Dux Britanniarum' from Too Fat Lardies looks like it is quite entertaining as well.

I went for the 6mm samurai after seeing a Japanese magazine with aerial paintings of Sengoku Jidai battles and I just thought "yesss". I've painted some of them, but most are still at the undercoat stage. This is a project I could definitely push along if there's the chance of a game at the end of it.

For 7 Years War, I recently got hold of a copy of 'Honours of War' from Osprey which looks very playable. My 'armies for this period are still embryonic - 16 Austrians and 10 Prussians so its going to be a while before they take to the table in anything like gameable numbers. One for the future...

The Cold War Dutch (GHQ - nice...) were for another Broken Bayonets project which didn't get off the ground so I've never actually gamed with them. Again this is an easy one to build on if there's a chance of a game.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to joining in with some of the threads and I hope to encounter some of you across the gaming table some time in the near future.

Return to “Introductions - イントロ”