Black Friday 2016

All new members can introduce themselves here. If you can speak/write Japanese and English, please feel free to use both languages. 新メンバーはここで自己紹介をしてください。もし、英語と日本語を話し、書けるならどちらの言葉も自由に使って下さい。
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Black Friday 2016

Post by The Other Dave » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:46 am

Lovejoy wrote:Just buy it. Really, you are making it sound like you don't even *want* to see a heroically customised version of yourself hacking hybrid alien blokes with a machete.
...they have machetes?

This changes everything!
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 16 infantry

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:21 am

Axes, monocles, top hats and combovers too!
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:24 am

Shared on my page today but wanted to recommend this one.

So my Black Friday recommendation is a quiet little game called Machinarium. If you find modern games a bit lacking in lateral thinking and a bit heavy on violence and storyline then look no further than this modern take on the point and click adventure. I completed it last night with a little help from the in game walkthrough and hints. Fans of Beneath and Steel Sky, Broken Sword and Monkey Island should love it. Many of the puzzles are really quite difficult and it will test your mettle in plumbing, electrics, musical ear and maths. The puzzles are all visual of course. I found my brain hadn't been given a work out by a video game for a long time, very nostalgic. This is a welcome return to the days when you had to use your own logic and mental skill to play a video game. The difficulty level is as challenging as most point and click adventures but not as difficult as Myst. I saw some ingenious puzzles where you have to think outside the box later on in the game. The outcomes to the puzzles are always surprisingly fun to watch. It's something light that will keep you laughing and a welcome break to any big video games you are playing. In fact as soon as I had completed it I went and started it over to see if I could remember how to do everything. This is fun for adults but probably something kids would enjoy too if you guys wanted to play as a family.
Play without the hints and walkthrough to make the game last 4 times longer. It's a short one but a good price at £3.19
Also available as an app and on Ps4.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/40700/.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:46 am

Warlord again.

Warlord are offering a lot of their big collectors sets at a discount. They also have the Terminator boxed game on sale for 20GBP, down from 70GBP.
https://store.warlordgames.com/collecti ... machines-1
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Return to “Introductions - イントロ”