The tides turn

All new members can introduce themselves here. If you can speak/write Japanese and English, please feel free to use both languages. 新メンバーはここで自己紹介をしてください。もし、英語と日本語を話し、書けるならどちらの言葉も自由に使って下さい。
ArchHeretic Voss
Rookie

The tides turn

Post by ArchHeretic Voss » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:11 am

You probably remember an old IG Colonel by the name of Voss. Well after too much stress he up and left Japan with 13 boxes in tow and what little money he had in his shoes and converted to the anarchy that is the US (i.e. he went home to go to Grad School).

I've been back since the end of March. Got a job at a restaurant and got 11 of those 13 boxes (lost about 300 dollars in books with those two lost boxes :( ) Still trying to glue my figures back together so I can repaint them. Have only had one anxiety attack since I've been back and am enjoying the weather.

Anyways, nice to see you all again

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: The tides turn

Post by Primarch » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:29 am

Sorry for not replying sooner, I've been overseas myself for a bit and having a bit of a break from the digital world.

Glad to hear that you are settling in and that you've got some work sorted out. Shame about the books, maybe they'll turn up again one day.

Keep us in the loop as to how things are going with work/grad school and even hobby stuff if you find the time and energy to get back into it. Have you checked out any local stores yet?
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Miguelsan
Champion

Post by Miguelsan » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:12 am

Shameful that you joined chaos. Prometheium fires for you!
Glad you are having a better time than here.
M.

ArchHeretic Voss
Rookie

Post by ArchHeretic Voss » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:45 am

Miguel: Actually I repented from Chaos which was my 2nd edition army. Imagine returning home 16 years later only to have them waiting. Tzeentch smiles on change :lol:

Prim:There are three gaming stores in my area. Sadly my college schedule is keeping me out of what I truly want, Shadowrun :cry: but I do have a warmachine group in my area and I will ask the store owners if I can't demo Infinity once the school year settles down. As for the books, the post office officially told me they have been destroyed. Ah well, maybe it is a sign to tone down on my battletech addiction.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:45 pm

ArchHeretic Voss wrote:As for the books, the post office officially told me they have been destroyed. Ah well, maybe it is a sign to tone down on my battletech addiction.
I get that Battletech isn't the most popular thing around, but surely destroying books is a bit extreme isn't it?

Good to hear that you have a few options for gaming locally though.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Return to “Introductions - イントロ”