new to the area.

All new members can introduce themselves here. If you can speak/write Japanese and English, please feel free to use both languages. 新メンバーはここで自己紹介をしてください。もし、英語と日本語を話し、書けるならどちらの言葉も自由に使って下さい。
gundevil86
Rookie

new to the area.

Post by gundevil86 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:53 am

hey im Keith im new to the area and looking to make some new buddies and maybe even play some wargames!

I play 40k and would love to learn AOS. i play orks and blood angels in 40k and have really been loving kill team.

if anyone wants to get together and play some games or whatever please hit me up.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: new to the area.

Post by The Other Dave » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:00 am

Welcome!

As I'm sure you've seen if you've poked around, as a group we're pretty active in 40K (and it looks like Kill Team might be poised to take off), and a few of us are starting to crack into AoS as well. There's a monthly games day (usually the third Sunday of the month) in Nagoya at whatever community center we can reserve for that month - I'm not sure when October's is yet, but I'm sure a thread will pop up before too very long. That's open to all, and is usually the best way to meet the regulars and set a game up.

Look for our little Facebook group too - Central Japan Gamers. Because the Venn diagram of people's preferred social media platforms isn't a perfect circle, we've got 90% the same people here and there, but especially if you're out Mie way there's some people on there who don't post here much it might be worthwhile to get to know.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 17 infantry

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:32 pm

Welcome. There's a good 40k following although you can find a variety of game interests in this community. Personally I play Chaos Space Marines, Ad Mech and some Dark Angles on the side. That and a good half dozen or so other games (Black Powder, Flames of War, Bolt Action, Dropfleet Commander).

Usually people meet up at the regular gaming day hosted by our Japanese colleagues. It usually falls on Saturday/Sunday in the second half of each month. There's also the annual Nagoyahammer event and occasional gathering for this or that game.

Look forward to seeing you on the forums and in-person.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:39 pm

Hello and welcome to NagoyaHammer.

I'm not much of a GW fan myself, though I used to be. If you see any cynical and jaded comments on the forum about GW/40K etc, they're most likely from me. :D

The current edition of 40K seems to be doing pretty well locally and Kill Team too, so hopefully you'll be able to get your gaming fix in.

See you at one of the gaming days!
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Return to “Introductions - イントロ”