The bearer of bad tidings.

All new members can introduce themselves here. If you can speak/write Japanese and English, please feel free to use both languages. 新メンバーはここで自己紹介をしてください。もし、英語と日本語を話し、書けるならどちらの言葉も自由に使って下さい。
Primarch
Evil Overlord

The bearer of bad tidings.

Post by Primarch » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:22 pm

For those of you who don't use Facebook very often, there was a big announcement made at the end of last week that will have a big impact on our community.

Mike the Pike is leaving us. He will be heading back to New Zealand very soon, this week in fact.
Soooo.... due to unforeseen family circumstances I have to very quickly (I’ll be off Thursday next week) pack up and move back to New Zealand.

Sorry for the short notice but things happened very quickly. I have really enjoyed my time in Japan and part of me doesn’t want to go, but one must do what one must do.

Anyways, thanks to all the good ‘uns (still in Japan and those that have moved on)who I have worked, laughed, hung out and drunk with. It’s been a fantastic trip.

If you’re ever in Godzone, look me up!
Pikey has been a member of the NagoyaHammer group since before there was a NagoyaHammer. The first time I went to Joshin, he was there playing 40K. He has done a lot to support our community by providing terrain and armies for people to play with and the first few NagoyaHammer events wouldn't have been half as good without Pikey providing transportation for most of the terrain.
If you want to say goodbye, now is your last chance. I would imagine you'll still be able to contact him via facebook even after he moves though.

So it is with heavy heart that we wish Pikey good luck back home and safe travels.
Farewell mate!
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

YellowStreak
Legend

Re: The bearer of bad tidings.

Post by YellowStreak » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:45 am

Sad news indeed! :cry:

All the best Mike, hope we have an opportunity to throw dice again in the future!
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:06 am

Thanks Mike for all you have done for the gaming community, and thanks also for the games and hosting me many a time at Hoth Base.

You will be greatly missed you scruffy looking nerf herder! :(

Safe travels back to NZ and make sure you check in on the forum! :)

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:04 am

I was very sorry to hear this, Mike - you've been a good friend over the years. I particularly recall the gentlemanly way you argued with me about the use of holo fields on Eldar Titans :lol: I'd never have had such a good time in Paris, either, without your wise and generous advice. So, for that, and many and varied other reasons, you will be greatly missed. Should you be back this way again, know that there will be many friends waiting to welcome you. Best of luck back in New Zealand, mate.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:34 am

Sad to hear you are leaving. I know we only had the chance to talk a few times, but I definitely felt that we were in similar gaming wavelengths, and hoped to get more in with you down the line!
Ah well. Battling those East Meg judges or FIW skirmishing with have to wait. Look after yourself, I hope we can stay in touch somehow.
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:29 am

You'll be sorely missed, Mike!
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 17 infantry

Miguelsan
Champion

Post by Miguelsan » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:03 pm

What a surprise.
Unfortunately we won't be able to meet, but I hope that maybe in an upcoming Nagoyahammer we'll have a surprise visit!

Godspeed Mike!

M.

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:09 pm

Sad to hear, but change brings opportunities, too. We won’t be finding another Mike, but I hope life back in Kiwiland provides those simple pleasures missed here in Japan: a local gaming store, some excellent beer choices, going to the store and meeting new people with fewer language barriers. Duty callls, so best of luck, Mike, with those endeavors and responsibilities. Hopefully paths cross with those of us on NagHam again. Thanks for all the years of good gaming.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Auxryn
Champion

Post by Auxryn » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:52 am

So long and thanks for all the games!

You will be missed.

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:25 pm

Sorry to hear you're leaving, Mike. I haven't played a lot of games against you, I feel, but the times I did were always fun. I hope things go well for you back in New Zealand!

Return to “Introductions - イントロ”