Beginner thinking of making the trip!

All new members can introduce themselves here. If you can speak/write Japanese and English, please feel free to use both languages. 新メンバーはここで自己紹介をしてください。もし、英語と日本語を話し、書けるならどちらの言葉も自由に使って下さい。
iainmclark
Rookie

Beginner thinking of making the trip!

Post by iainmclark » Sat May 25, 2019 3:11 am

Hey,

My name is Iain and I live in Ogaki.

I found you guys by chance online and was wondering what are the requirements for being able to come along to one of your game days?

I know absolutely nothing about table-top games, but I am very intrigued by them.

Do you only meet in Nagoya, or do you meet in other cities as well?

Thanks in advance,

Iain.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Beginner thinking of making the trip!

Post by Primarch » Sat May 25, 2019 3:41 am

Hi Iain and welcome.

There are no requirements for attending one of our game days, everyone is welcome. Feel free to come along, see what people are doing and bombard us with questions. Similarly, please feel free to hop onto the various threads on the forum and ask about stuff or even start up your own thread.

Our group mainly meets in Nagoya, but occasionally we meet outside the city depending on the availability of the venues we use. There is a small group in Ichinomiya I believe and there is a group in Ogaki too, though the guy who runs it largely relies on Facebook.

Regards,
Stuart.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sat May 25, 2019 3:41 am

Welcome! The only requirement for our game days is: show up! :D Especially if you just want to poke your head in and take a look around, there's really no particular need to set a game up or organize anything in advance, although if you have any games in mind (that we play) that you're interested in, it can't hurt to make sure some people are going to be playing it that day. And the 500 yen charge is only for people who play, specifically to welcome people who want to learn more. We hope we'll see you!

This particular group is mostly centered in Nagoya, yeah. There's a (small, almost entirely Japanese) group that meets at a little shop up in Ichinomiya, which is more or less in your direction, and I could pass along some information about that if you're interested. Also there's a sporadically-meeting group or two out in Mie, and one of our members who doesn't use the forums much is actually in Ogaki, and he runs game nights once in a while - checking out the "Central Japan Gamers" group on the Facebooks would be the best way to get in touch with him.

Again, welcome! Please let us know if you have any questions about specific games.

(Edit to add: Simultaneous welcome posts, whee!)
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sat May 25, 2019 4:00 am

Hi and welcome - pretty all that needs to be said has been, but I'll add that we're a bit odd inasmuch as some members of the group dont use facebook, and others arent here on the Naghammer forum, so you tend to see posts duplicated across both, just so's folks can all see what's going on. At the end of the day though, it's all one happy family, and plenty of us are on both Fb and Nagham, so by all means post away in both. Speaking for myself, I'm kinda stuck down in Mie prefecture so I dont get up to the games days as often as I'd like, but hopefully I'll manage at some point soon. Hope to see you there :)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Sat May 25, 2019 6:04 am

Welcome!

Please do come down to join some games or just to socialize and mix. People are always ready to show someone new the ropes to various games played in our group. (Actually, as a new gamer you’ll be hot commodity as people try to convert you to one game or another (or several).)

Usually we meet once a month as posted in the games/events section. There are usually a few events each year, too. Nagoyahammer is the annual that brings most people together around Golden Week.

And feel free to post about anything else: life, work, etc. It’s a community as much as a gaming group, so welcome and feel at home!

Cheers
Joseph
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Return to “Introductions - イントロ”