Hello, long-time listener, first-time caller

All new members can introduce themselves here. If you can speak/write Japanese and English, please feel free to use both languages. 新メンバーはここで自己紹介をしてください。もし、英語と日本語を話し、書けるならどちらの言葉も自由に使って下さい。
Balloonacorn
Veteran

Hello, long-time listener, first-time caller

Post by Balloonacorn » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:05 pm

Hi, I stopped in on the October game day. Thank you to those that were kind enough to chat with me.

I sold all my armies when I moved to Japan but now I am looking to get in on something again. Perhaps at the skirmish level at first.

My first choice would be Warmahordes, but I see from the posts, and the conversations I that it isn't"t played much.

I love Bloodbowl, if anyone wants to play or has a board I would get a team immediately. I could also teach those who haven't played before. Does anyone play right now?

I am intrigued by playing Mordheim again, I will post specific questions on a separate tag.

I am interested in getting back into Kill Team and Necromunda again - how many people play these?

I have never tried Malifaux, Warcry, or Shadespire and would appreciate a demo game or observation game where I could ask specific question. I am planning on coming out in November again.

Long term I am considering Age of Sigmar, 40k or 9th Age but those are longer term Projects and I will be starting slow.

Thank you
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Hello, long-time listener, first-time caller

Post by The Other Dave » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:41 pm

Welcome!

I think a lot of people locally own Bloodbowl and like playing it, but for whatever reason (the reason is: too many games to play :lol:) we don't play as often as we might like - it would probably be a pretty easy sell to get people to bring their teams out to a meetup with enough advance notice for scheduling.

Quite a lot of us play Kill Team as well, although Necromunda hasn't taken off locally, largely because we're not really suited for campaign play.

And I'll be bringing Underworlds along to the November game day if you want a demo - I think some folks will probably have their WarCry stuff as well.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:19 pm

Welcome!

I love Kill Team and miss playing it, would be very happy to give you a game.

I also love the main reason I haven't been playing KT - that is Warcry - and I'll definitely have it at the November day.

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:51 am

Hello Balloonacorn,

Welcome to the forum.

I’d follow the advice of the above. Generally the 40k skirmish games are very active and you can probably find a game of KT or Underworlds at the monthly gaming events.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:02 am

The Other Dave wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:41 pm
Welcome!

I think a lot of people locally own Bloodbowl and like playing it, but for whatever reason (the reason is: too many games to play :lol:) we don't play as often as we might like - it would probably be a pretty easy sell to get people to bring their teams out to a meetup with enough advance notice for scheduling.

Quite a lot of us play Kill Team as well, although Necromunda hasn't taken off locally, largely because we're not really suited for campaign play.

And I'll be bringing Underworlds along to the November game day if you want a demo - I think some folks will probably have their WarCry stuff as well.
Thank you I would love to see Underworlds and I will probably be pushing Blood Bowl at a later date, when I have a team.
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:04 am

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:19 pm
Welcome!

I love Kill Team and miss playing it, would be very happy to give you a game.

I also love the main reason I haven't been playing KT - that is Warcry - and I'll definitely have it at the November day.
Kill Team is good. I am really interested in Warcry. I love the look of the new models.

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:56 am

Thank you for everyone for being so kind and tolerating my questions and a big thank you for the games of Underwords - I had a blast.

Return to “Introductions - イントロ”