Hey everyone!

All new members can introduce themselves here. If you can speak/write Japanese and English, please feel free to use both languages. 新メンバーはここで自己紹介をしてください。もし、英語と日本語を話し、書けるならどちらの言葉も自由に使って下さい。
Tarkin
Rookie

Hey everyone!

Post by Tarkin » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:09 am

So I am finally taking the plunge and getting into Warhammer 40k. A friend of mine recommended that I join the forum here and when I went to sign up I realized I had already registered, back in 2012! Apparently I also thought about getting into the game back then as well.

I've got my eyes on the Indomitus box so unless anyone can make a compelling argument why I shouldn't play Space Marines, I think that's where I will start. I look forward to getting together sometime and meeting you all.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Hey everyone!

Post by Primarch » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:16 am

Hello Tarkin and welcome (or welcome back) to NagoyaHammer.
9th edition seems to be getting a lot of attention locally, I'm sure you'll be able to find opponents willing to give you a game and help out a new player.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:07 am

Welcome Tarkin!

The Indomitus box is a pretty good deal and you can't really go wrong with Space Marines so knock yourself out. Anyway it's always good to have more people in the hobby. I hope to see you around.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:03 am

Welcome, Tarkin!

Space Marines are great, not quite as busted as they were earlier in the year and the other factions are catching up, but still very strong, getting great new models and easy to paint.

Do you have a chapter in mind? Always the option of doing your own colour scheme, then you can use whatever chapter rules you like :lol:

A lot of us are planning to start playing Crusade games at the 25PL level so the Indomitus box would set you up with everything you'll need to get stuck in.

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:04 am

Hello Tarkin

Not really in the Nagoya area at this time, but you are among good people. Space marines are a great choice especially considering they are in a renaissance period with GW. 40k can have a bit of a steep learning curve, but the hobby has never been better with lore, collecting, building, converting, painting, playing and strategizing.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:59 am

Welcome to Naghammer. Lots of 40K going on these days you'll be sure to find plenty of opponents.Aand if these Marines don't Indominate like you hoped, don't worry. Fear will keep the local systems in line. Fear of this battle station.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Return to “Introductions - イントロ”