Trash Talk

All new members can introduce themselves here. If you can speak/write Japanese and English, please feel free to use both languages. 新メンバーはここで自己紹介をしてください。もし、英語と日本語を話し、書けるならどちらの言葉も自由に使って下さい。
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Trash Talk

Post by Primarch » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:25 am

Lately the trash talking has been reaching staggering proportions around here. Yes, I am guilty of this too and I wont deny it.

If its possible can we keep it to a minimum please. This includes making comments that will obviously lead to it happening, (E.g. saying something like "I'm the greatest player in Japan" etc), as well as provocative and pointed comments aimed at players we dont get along with.

If I didnt know everyone involved, even I would be put off playing some of the people involved due to the over-competitive nature in such a small community.

I would ask the mods to be particularly aware of this and try to rise above it. Try to make constructive comments about the games/models/topic rather than about how brilliant you are or how bad other players are.

Also, please keep the cursing off the site. Lots of offensive words and phrases are cropping up more and more often.

Posts which ignore these guidelines are subject to deletion without warning. If you think I am posting inappropriately, please pm me and I will delete my own comments.

Regards
Primarch
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: Trash Talk

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:06 am

fair enough. So noted.

One suggestion: would it be possible to have a forum specifically for trash talk? or at least one with more relaxed rules? I agree completely with everything you posted above, and will absolutely abide by it, but Im aware that plenty of people on this site positively enjoy winding each other up (myself, and I think, yourself, included), and I think there should be a place we can do that without fear of being told off. We dont really have anywhere else to have conversations like this, and while I will always mind my manners when posting on forums populated by complete strangers, most of these guys are my friends who Ive known for a good few years. Id like to be able to relax when I talk to them, and be able to speak my mind.

What do you think?
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:23 am

Use the off topic section for our little region of Japan. That way the only people who read it will be us.
All the gaming and painting sections are a trash free zone.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Post by Mike the Pike » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:41 am

Righto. Roger Wilco. Badmouthing [he who shall not be named] will now be limited to the appropriate places.
Humblest apologies mm(_ _)mm

P.S. This is gonna be very hard!
Morituri nolumus mori!

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:48 am

Primarch wrote:Use the off topic section for our little region of Japan. That way the only people who read it will be us.
All the gaming and painting sections are a trash free zone.
Fair enough. That seems reasonable.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Return to “Introductions - イントロ”