Happy to find this place!

All new members can introduce themselves here. If you can speak/write Japanese and English, please feel free to use both languages. 新メンバーはここで自己紹介をしてください。もし、英語と日本語を話し、書けるならどちらの言葉も自由に使って下さい。
Firecaster
Rookie

Happy to find this place!

Post by Firecaster » Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:30 am

Hi there everyone!
my name is Matt, I moved to Japan around 2 months ago for studies and so far I’m settling in. So far it seemed to me that Japan (or Nagoya at least) is completely untouched by Games Workshop and western minis basically so I'm super happy to have found this place!
Back in Europe I used to play a lot of Games Workshop things incl. Age of Sigmar, Underworlds, Warcry, 40k, Kill Team and all that :lol: And I would be very happy to find some people to run a few games in this very strange land as well! I will be staying here for at least a year and a half so it's a must really :D
I'll be happy to meet new likeminded crazies in the area or join some events! Cheers and see y'all soon!

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: Happy to find this place!

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:11 am

Hi Matt! Welcome to Aichi :) Nagoya isn't quite untouched by Games Workshop, as you can see there's a rich tradition of crazies here :lol:

We play lots of different games at our monthly events, but 40K is always one of them. There's players for most other GW games and many non-GW games besides, though you might need to arrange ahead of time for some of them.

There's plenty more events happening in the area too, we play Underworlds once a month in Ichinomiya, and there are many more events taking place in Japanese in Nagoya and Gifu if you fancy stretching your language skills a little.

Looking forward to meeting you in person and rolling some dice!

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:00 am

Hi Matt.

Welcome to NagoyaHammer. As Jye says, 40K is pretty popular, and most GW games get some table time. We actually have a games day this Sunday if you feel like coming along and saying hello in person.
You can find the details here:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4203

Regards,
Primarch (aka Stuart)
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Firecaster
Rookie

Post by Firecaster » Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:22 pm

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:11 am
Hi Matt! Welcome to Aichi :) Nagoya isn't quite untouched by Games Workshop, as you can see there's a rich tradition of crazies here :lol:

We play lots of different games at our monthly events, but 40K is always one of them. There's players for most other GW games and many non-GW games besides, though you might need to arrange ahead of time for some of them.

There's plenty more events happening in the area too, we play Underworlds once a month in Ichinomiya, and there are many more events taking place in Japanese in Nagoya and Gifu if you fancy stretching your language skills a little.

Looking forward to meeting you in person and rolling some dice!
Hi there Jye!
Well I'm very happy that the community is alive and active around here! It will be super fun meeting new friends through minis as it always is :D I do not feel like my Japanese could be very useful to any kind of communication required so maybe sometime in the future :lol:
But I would definitely be up for an Underworlds match wherever it is so I will follow the events here and show up! My minis collection is so far left behind but I will fix that problem somehow too :cry: Looking forward to some games as well and thanks for your post!

Firecaster
Rookie

Post by Firecaster » Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:25 pm

Primarch wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:00 am
Hi Matt.

Welcome to NagoyaHammer. As Jye says, 40K is pretty popular, and most GW games get some table time. We actually have a games day this Sunday if you feel like coming along and saying hello in person.
You can find the details here:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4203

Regards,
Primarch (aka Stuart)
Wow, hi there one of the Primarchs himself (kinda big deal which one but I'm sure it's gonna be fine :D )
That is so cool, thanks for letting me know! Would it be okay to just stop by to have a look and not play tomorrow? My minis collection is not at hand plus I have a school thing later in the afternoon so I'm afraid there might not be enough time but I would certainly want to stop by and meet you guys :)

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:57 pm

Firecaster wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:25 pm

That is so cool, thanks for letting me know! Would it be okay to just stop by to have a look and not play tomorrow? My minis collection is not at hand plus I have a school thing later in the afternoon so I'm afraid there might not be enough time but I would certainly want to stop by and meet you guys :)
Hope to see you there.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Return to “Introductions - イントロ”