Welcome

All new members can introduce themselves here. If you can speak/write Japanese and English, please feel free to use both languages. 新メンバーはここで自己紹介をしてください。もし、英語と日本語を話し、書けるならどちらの言葉も自由に使って下さい。
Mephiston
Rookie

Re: Welcome

Post by Mephiston » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:57 pm

Hi!

Thank you for the information, very helpful! Earlier is better for me so I will try first thing and see how it goes!

That all sounds great. I have had hardly any practice with 9th edition so anything for me would be good! Do you recommend preparing anything, such as a army list with points etc...?

Thanks again!

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:07 am

Mephiston wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:57 pm
Hi!

Thank you for the information, very helpful! Earlier is better for me so I will try first thing and see how it goes!

That all sounds great. I have had hardly any practice with 9th edition so anything for me would be good! Do you recommend preparing anything, such as a army list with points etc...?

Thanks again!
I would suggest a 25PL list and optionally a 50PL list (that's roughly 500pts/1000pts, I think PL is easier for your first few games but it's much of a muchness outside a few edge cases). Playing a few 25PL games is ideal to get up to speed, they're pretty fast and will bed down the core concepts quickly. 50PL is probably our most common game size, as you can get more toys on the board without it being too much slower.

What faction are you planning on playing?

Mephiston
Rookie

Post by Mephiston » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:40 am

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:07 am
I would suggest a 25PL list and optionally a 50PL list (that's roughly 500pts/1000pts, I think PL is easier for your first few games but it's much of a muchness outside a few edge cases). Playing a few 25PL games is ideal to get up to speed, they're pretty fast and will bed down the core concepts quickly. 50PL is probably our most common game size, as you can get more toys on the board without it being too much slower.

What faction are you planning on playing?
Ah, I see! Thank you! I will have a look and see if I put together a list or two. Haven't done one in a while so might do some research first!

Well, this time last year I had nothing and then I went a bit nuts and got Blood Angels, Ultramarines, Astra Militarum, Tau, Orks and Necrons. Nearly all painted up too! Most are around 25PL, Orks and Necrons around 50PL. Think I was trying to make up for the last 15 years of no 40K! I went and got a ton of terrain too so I can always provide some if there is need!

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:59 am

Mephiston wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:40 am
Ah, I see! Thank you! I will have a look and see if I put together a list or two. Haven't done one in a while so might do some research first!

Well, this time last year I had nothing and then I went a bit nuts and got Blood Angels, Ultramarines, Astra Militarum, Tau, Orks and Necrons. Nearly all painted up too! Most are around 25PL, Orks and Necrons around 50PL. Think I was trying to make up for the last 15 years of no 40K! I went and got a ton of terrain too so I can always provide some if there is need!
Awesome! Yes I know that feeling and I too have far too many armies :lol: It's actually a lot of fun to play different armies and it gives you options if a given faction is too weak or too strong in the meta; I'd still suggest trying to focus a little bit when you're still learning the core game as it can be difficult to remember army rules and strats from game to game if you're changing them all the time. Like I do every month.

Terrain is always welcome. Don't feel you have to haul too much stuff but if you can fit in enough to make a reasonably dense 30x44 board that would help the cause.

Mephiston
Rookie

Post by Mephiston » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:23 am

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:59 am
Awesome! Yes I know that feeling and I too have far too many armies :lol: It's actually a lot of fun to play different armies and it gives you options if a given faction is too weak or too strong in the meta; I'd still suggest trying to focus a little bit when you're still learning the core game as it can be difficult to remember army rules and strats from game to game if you're changing them all the time. Like I do every month.

Terrain is always welcome. Don't feel you have to haul too much stuff but if you can fit in enough to make a reasonably dense 30x44 board that would help the cause.
Yes, I just couldn't help myself! Once I started purchasing stuff it was hard to stop!
Good idea, I will probably stick with Necrons for a bit, they are my favorite after all!

Ah, okay, I will see if I can bring a few terrain items then! I also have some rubber gaming mats (44x60) if there is any need too! Although a car would probably be needed for that!

Thanks again!

Return to “Introductions - イントロ”