Welcome

All new members can introduce themselves here. If you can speak/write Japanese and English, please feel free to use both languages. 新メンバーはここで自己紹介をしてください。もし、英語と日本語を話し、書けるならどちらの言葉も自由に使って下さい。
Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: Welcome

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:23 pm

Another Melburnian! Welcome, Matt.

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:58 pm

Welcome Matt.

Like everyone else has already stated with 9th around the corner 40k is going to be getting a lot of attention for sure. We might be starting an escalation campaign using the new campaign system so that might be a cool way to help build an army.

Anyway if there's any other game you're interested in, just ask around and you're likely to find someone who's interested.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:11 am

Welcome! Feel free to drop by a games day and say hi even if you don't have an army ready or anything - there should be a thread around here somewhere for this month's get together (here it is!).
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Tyranii-chan
Rookie

Post by Tyranii-chan » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:16 pm

Hello friends,

I’m Josh from the UK. I did some snooping around the forums and this looks like a great community.
Returning to 40K after an 8-year hiatus. I’ve been in Japan for about 3 years-ish and getting back into the hobby. Unfortunately this means starting from scratch, so I don’t have anything in terms of models yet, but hopefully very soon.

I’d love to get to know everyone!

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:16 pm

Tyranii-chan wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:16 pm
Hello friends,

I’m Josh from the UK. I did some snooping around the forums and this looks like a great community.
Returning to 40K after an 8-year hiatus. I’ve been in Japan for about 3 years-ish and getting back into the hobby. Unfortunately this means starting from scratch, so I don’t have anything in terms of models yet, but hopefully very soon.

I’d love to get to know everyone!
Hi Josh and welcome to NagoyaHammer.

40K has been enjoying a bit of a revival since 8th edition was released a couple of years ago, and 9th edition seems equally as popular. You should have no trouble finding a game.

Feel free to jump in to any ongoing threads or start one of your own if there is anything you'd like to discuss.

Regards,
Stuart
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:01 am

Welcome, Josh! This is a good group of gamers. A core of 40K players with various other wargames being played from fantasy to historics.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:37 am

Howdy Josh :)

Good to have you with us. It’s always good to have new folks in the group. I myself don’t really play 40k much these days, although I do still have an ungodly amount of eldar in pretty much every flavour (including a sizeable Corsair army. Razzinfrazzin forgeworld took my toys away! *shakes fist skyward* :P ) I’m also based down in Mie prefecture, so only make it up to Nagoya once in a blue moon. Hope to meet you in person some day though - it’s always good to get in a game with new folks :)

-Dave

Ps out of interest, where are you from in the UK? There’s a few of us from there. I’m from Glasgow, myself.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Tyranii-chan
Rookie

Post by Tyranii-chan » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:48 am

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I attended the November games day (unfortunately I couldn’t make the December one :(). It was great to meet everyone. Thank you for letting me look at your minis and hover around your games, especially Jye who ran an intro game for me and allowing my grubby mits to handle his Sororitas!
me_in_japan wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:37 am

Ps out of interest, where are you from in the UK? There’s a few of us from there. I’m from Glasgow, myself.
I’m from Leicester! Commiserations if you’ve ever been there. Hope to run into you soon!

pyromaniac1101
Rookie

Post by pyromaniac1101 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:36 am

Hi! I'm Ani from the US. I moved to Nagoya about a year ago, right at the beginning of the pandemic so finally looking for a group to play games with now that vaccines are a thing here.

I play:
D&D 5e
Pathfinder

I haven't played many others but am open to it if it's not too expensive a buy in.

I've been playing D&D and Pathfinder for a few years both as DM and Player.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:39 am

Hi Ani and welcome to NagoyaHammer.

There are a few RPG players in our group, though the forums mainly focus on tabletop wargames. There is a section of the forum dedicated to RPG's, so feel free to post up there if you are looking for a group, or want to discuss your favorite game.
I'm not sure how active any local players are at the moment. I used to play D&D 3.5, but I haven't played since March last year. Hopefully as more people get their shots face-to-face gaming will pick up again.

If you're interested in any other games, feel free to ask questions, and hopefully someone will be along to answer. In the local gaming community, there is a lot of interest in Games Workshop's various offerings, but people do have various other niche games that they play and may be willing to do demo games of.

Regards,
Stuart.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Return to “Introductions - イントロ”