Welcome

All new members can introduce themselves here. If you can speak/write Japanese and English, please feel free to use both languages. 新メンバーはここで自己紹介をしてください。もし、英語と日本語を話し、書けるならどちらの言葉も自由に使って下さい。
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Welcome

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:17 pm

Spevna wrote:And yes, Connery spends the whole movie speaking with a Scottish accent and makes no attempt to hide it.
He never does. Remember the Russian Scot in The Hunt for Red October?
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 17 infantry

ennui
Veteran

Post by ennui » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:34 pm

Spevna wrote: And yes, Connery spends the whole movie speaking with a Scottish accent and makes no attempt to hide it.
And Americans were none the wiser...

Svengaard
Rookie

Post by Svengaard » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:07 am

Heya,
I spent the weekend at a Warhammer tournament in Beppu and met a couple of your members there.
I'm Adam, the guy with the mostly silver Dark Elves and living in Okayama.
Stuart and Michael were trying to con me into going to a Warhammer tournament that might be coming up in the fall and I'm kind of thinking about coming up for the day or the weekend.
Anywho, I thought I'd say "Hi" to everyone.

ごめんねさい、僕の日本語はちょっと悪い。
先週、別府で二人名古屋プレやは会った。 僕はアダムです。 銀ダークエルフあった。今岡山ですんでる。
StuartとMichaelは10月ぐらいにWarhammerトーナメントと言った。 たっぶん僕は行く。
どぞよろしくお願いします。

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Post by Mike the Pike » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:55 am

Welcome Svengaard,
Michael a.k.a. Mike the Pike at your service. We look forward to seeing you at our Autumn WFB tourney.
You should definitely have a look at the Chugoku area threads and get in touch with a the mighty Danguinius (see the members list).
Cheers
MTP
Morituri nolumus mori!

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:34 am

I once lived in Hiroshima ken I used to go to Okayama about 4 times a year... from Okayama to Nagoya is not that far you should defiantly try and come to at least one of the events out here...

BTW what games do you Play?
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome on board, Svengaard. As the admiral says, although Okayama is a bit of a hike from nagoya, itd be great if you could make it up here for a tourney once in a while. Anyway, glad to have you on the forum :)

ps - i second dat question - what games do you play?

pps - dont let the admiral's spelling and/or punctuation (or lack thereof) put you off. he's a nice guy, really, as long as he doesnt get too worked up about something orkish. if he does, call a mod and we'll put him back in his cage for a while :p
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Svengaard
Rookie

Post by Svengaard » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:56 pm

Ah, sorry about that. I play Warhammer Fantasy only. I need certain moods to paint and I don't get them often. Tournaments help with that. If I was to play 40K I'd probably play Imperial Guard or Tau.
I'll check out a few other threads here and there, but for me getting Saturdays or Sundays off is a little difficult.

Vlad
Rookie

Post by Vlad » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:12 am

Hi All,

I've been organizing a WHFB tournament in Beppu and got to know the Forum Admin there, so I thought I'd register and hang around here as well. I live in Fukuoka, but also play in Kita-Kyushu or Beppu sometimes. If anybody needs to find a group to play in Kyushu, feel free to contact me at any time. I currently play the following armies:

WHFB

High Elves, Dogs of War, Vampire Counts

Battlefleet Gothic

Imperial Navy, Space Marines

Warmachine

Cygnar

Recently I've been playing mostly Fantasy and some BFG from time to time. I'll probably drop Warmachine to expand Fantasy or get into 40K (IG). If anybody wants to swap some miniatures, feel free to contact me. :)

Wiz
Rookie

Post by Wiz » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:10 am

Aw nuts - another guy called Dave. Sorry!

I was the David who met Mike and Stuart at the recent Beppu tournament, and gave them something to munch on while they were thinking about how to fight the real armies! Hi guys. Sorry to have been the only Kitakyushu gamer who turned up, but we'll remedy that next year when we pry the trophy from your cold, dead Gifu-ite fingers, eh?

I'm mainly a Warhammer player with a fondness for the greenskinned hordes, and minor dabblings in Wood Elves and Bretonnians. For 40K I have a decent-sized Eldar army, but get very little opportunity to try them out. Still, they look pretty on the shelves, eh? Oh, and an Imperial Guard army from years and years ago.

I'm the one with the dungeon-themed loft, by the way. I'm hoping to make the trip up for your O-bomb in August, but have to swing it with wife and kid first.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:28 am

Welcome, Dave! We can always use some more of those, round here :D I must say, I was dang impressed with your loft (and there aint many people Ive ever said that to, believe me...)

It'd be great to have you (and any other kita-kyushu chaps) up here for o-bomb. Till then, welcome aboard :D
I have a decent-sized Eldar army, but get very little opportunity to try them out. Still, they look pretty
Ah, I see you clearly understand the raison d'etre of the Eldar. Nice one :lol:
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Return to “Introductions - イントロ”