Welcome

All new members can introduce themselves here. If you can speak/write Japanese and English, please feel free to use both languages. 新メンバーはここで自己紹介をしてください。もし、英語と日本語を話し、書けるならどちらの言葉も自由に使って下さい。
Karantu
Champion

Re: Welcome

Post by Karantu » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:21 am

Welcome to Nagoyahammer,

I would recommend dropping by to one of the monthly gaming events (no rush given the current situation though) and get a feel of things. Its also easier to rope people in to playing things in person.

Personally I have a little experience with D&D 5e and would be interested in playing but the biggest limitation would be time since I'm already struggling to play everything I want to play during our monthly events.

When it comes to starting a new game system, I recommend asking someone for a demo game before deciding what you want to jump into since most of the popular games tend to require a bit of an initial investment.
As far as I know the most popular games these days are:
・Warhammer 40k 9th edition
・Warhammer: Age of Sigmar 3rd edition
・Kill Team (probably once the new edition is out in a few weeks)
・Warhammer Underworlds
・Warcry

Depending on what sort of setting you're into and what scale (e.g. skirmish game with a few miniatures) you're interested in I could recommend some others that people have been playing.

Aeve
Rookie

Post by Aeve » Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:51 am

Hello!

I hope I am doing this right. :)
I am from Germany and recently moved to Aichi.
I know this forum is mostly dedicated to Warhammer, but I would love to find people that are also interested in DnD in here! I am still a newbie to all of this myself, but I really enjoyed playing DnD and want to continue doing that in Japan.
I also did a oneshot with Call of Cthulu!
So if there are any people who are still looking for a group, please contact me :)

Best regards,

Aeve

jus

Post by jus » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:06 am

Hello Aeve,

Welcome to the forum. Introducing yourself here was absolutely the right thing to do. Most of the people in this group play miniature war/skirmish games but several of us have expereince or have shown an interest in tabletop RPGS. I would love to play so if we can get a group together that would be great.

If you have the time I would invite you to attend one of our monthly meetings ( the next one is tomorrow actually). Link to here for all the details: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4190 We would love to meet you in person.

cheers,
Jus

Aeve
Rookie

Post by Aeve » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:06 am

Thank you for your message, Jus!

Unfortunately I was busy yesterday, but I will definitely attend the next event.

Hope you had fun!

Aeve

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:40 am

Hello Aeve,

Welcome to NagoyaHammer.
There are a few D&D groups around, so hopefully you can find some people to play with.
There is a shop called Yellow Submarine in the Osu/Kamimaezu area of Nagoya that sells D&D books (in Japanese), dice and dungeon tiles, as well as board games and card games. It's kind of hidden away down a side street, but if you can find it, it is probably a good place to pick up supplies and maybe start looking for a group.

Kind regards,
Prim (aka Stuart)
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Aeve
Rookie

Post by Aeve » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:32 am

Hello Prim,

yes, I checked the store out and got especially excited about the Paladin spell card set! I will definitely go there again.

So excited to meet some of you in person! :)

Aeve

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:23 am

Hello and welcome Aeve!

I'm playing in a Call of Cthulhu game and DM'ing a Pathfinder game, both online.
I'd probably be too busy to DM another game, but I could probably find enough time to join a game as a player.
Let me know if you find some more people and a time to play!
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:46 pm

Hi Aeve, Welcome!

I currently play/GM Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition, as well as a few other RPGs. I am not sure if I have time or not, but if you are looking for players on Saturday nights or Sundays, let me know.

Aeve
Rookie

Post by Aeve » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:28 am

Thank you all for your replies!

Unfortunately I am still a newbie myself, so I am unsure if I would be fit to be a DM right away, but I'm working on it :)

Now it is just the question to find someone who'd be willing to be a DM...

Aeve

Surg
Rookie

Post by Surg » Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:12 am

Hi Everyone,
My name is Adam and its very nice to meet you all.

I was gifted a small set of Age of Sigmar minis ( 5 pieces ) since i always wanted to try and paint. I was reading about age of Sigmar vs 40k since i couldn't decide which setting army I would like to buy and even though Sigmar could be potentially used in my dnd games; 40k setting seems very cool.

Since my 5 units are nowhere enough to actually play, I was wondering if I could come and watch some of you play (I watched some games on youtube but they kind of expect that the person watching knows the rules and everything happens very fast).

The army I might start building is the Space Wolves one or Orruk, very much not sure.

I also like playing random board games, card games - marvel champions, DND and lost ark on PC
Cheers,
Surg

Return to “Introductions - イントロ”