Introduction (and shameless promotion of a new RPG campaign)

All new members can introduce themselves here. If you can speak/write Japanese and English, please feel free to use both languages. 新メンバーはここで自己紹介をしてください。もし、英語と日本語を話し、書けるならどちらの言葉も自由に使って下さい。
gatusamurajen
Rookie

Introduction (and shameless promotion of a new RPG campaign)

Post by gatusamurajen » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:44 pm

Hi everyone,

(First, I hope that the moderators tell me if I'm breaking any rules in posting like this. It seemed to me like pretty much a 'free for all'. I'll keep it as condensed as possible.)

So, this is my first post on your eminent forum. I'm not going to bother you with too much details, but I still want to introduce myself: My name is Pontus (shared I hear by a few others here: Hej alla exilsvenskar (även de av er som inte heter Pontus!), I'm a Japanese/General Linguistics postgrad, and I'm actually not going to be in Nagoya until April (however, I've been in Japan before). Feel free to communicate in English, Swedish, Japanese, Spanish or German (whatever rocks your boat, truly ;) ). Those who're actually interested in further details about me should check my profile.

RPGing
I'm going to be in Nagoya for at least two years, and I'm looking for players for a Rogue Trader RPG campaign - Opus Imperatori, Homines Voluntas. The URL to the campaign wiki is in my signature, so if your interested in a slot (we have 3-4 left), please have a look and message me! Primarily English speakers requested, although I won't be requesting TOIC scores or anything. ;) (普通に英語で会話が出来れば十分ですよ。)

Also, I might be looking for playtesters for homebrewed scifi games (mainly RPGs, unless I get really ambitious). If you might be interested, send me a message. I might post again with details about the projects, when I get that far (or, if i drown in messages, whichever happens first).

Miniature wargames
Depending on how much time I'll be having on my hands, I might also be up for some WH40K occasionally. Previously I've played Space Marines/Imperial Guard/Daemonhunters, but recently I've branched out into Dark Eldar. However, I'll probably paint up something new in Japan, given enough free time.

Also, Mordheim might be nice if there are any groups going (still depends on me having free time, though).

PA

PS. Nice sternguard on the forum banner. That's my favourite miniature, actually. :) Also, sorry for the longish post, and 四六四九!笑
Opus Imperatori, Homines Voluntas - a Rogue Trader campaign in Nagoya currently looking for players: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/opus-imperatori

Spevna

Re: Introduction (and shameless promotion of a new RPG campa

Post by Spevna » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:18 pm

Mustafa here, welcome back mate.
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:56 pm

gatusamurajen wrote:Hi everyone,

( My name is Pontus (shared I hear by a few others here: Hej alla exilsvenskar (även de av er som inte heter Pontus!)
Now we have two Pontuses?! (Or would the plural be "Ponti"?) I'm getting confused.
The RPG sounds fun, wish I had the time for RPGs these days. Looking forward to a game of 40K, or Mordhiem. What Mordhiem warband do you play?
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:36 am

Hi Pontus.

You are going to miss the rpg event in Tsu this March so be sure to join same time next year.
I often hold Mordheim events too so I'll let you know the next time we put one of those on.
We have an rpg group in Mie that plays Cthulhu and other indie stuff as well as old school D and D. Let me know if you need playtesters.
There is also an rpg group in Nagoya that is pretty tight. They only play with themselves but they have a lot going on and lot's of GMs I hear.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Seb
Champion

Post by Seb » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:03 am

Hallå Pontus, välkommen till forumet.

Are you perhaps the Pontus who studied at Gifu university last year? If not, sorry for that, but that guy also did Iaido.

By the way who is the other Pontus, could it be that there are 4 Swedes on this forum? If so I am surprised...

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:23 am

Welcome aboard, Pontus :)

I'm with Seb on this one - how come there are so many Swedes here? Its all good, n all - no problems there, or anything, Im just curious. Im from Scotland and had never met a Swedish person in my life before I came to Japan, and its not like Scotland is that far from Sweden, really. Here in Japan, though, millions of you chaps keep popping up! Blimey...

Anyway, good to have you here :D I shall have to start studying Swedish as well as Japanese if this keeps up... :?
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Colonel Voss

Post by Colonel Voss » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:34 am

Welcome fellow rogue trader GM. I've got a small online group that will be starting soon. My first foray back into GMing in nearly a decade so here's hoping that it'll work. Maybe we should exchange tips at some point.

Don't know what these other blokes are talking about. I've met several Swedes in my time, both here in Japan and state side. Then again part of my family hails from Norway 8-)

Oh, and I do know one Swedish signer, Nanne Gronvall, namely Hall om mig
It's easy to die in the swamp. What's hard is to staying dead.
-Alten Ashley

Iron within, Iron without

gatusamurajen
Rookie

Post by gatusamurajen » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:15 pm

Colonel Voss: I've been GMing a Rogue Trader campaign for over half a year now, so I'd be glad to share anything I've got and receive your pearls of wisdom in return.

And I see you live in Seki-shi in Gifu, which is a place very dear to me (since I'm an iaidoka). Maybe we should exchange ideas over a cup of coffee or a beer at some point? I might have to go out there to do some iaido-related shopping anyhow... I'll post again when I get to Japan. :) 宜しくお願いします。

Seb: Tack för välkomnandet. And yes, that would be me, since I studied there 2008/2009 (this time I'll be in Nagoya though). I can't help but wonder how you heard of me... It's a small world.

Everyone: There seems to be plenty of Swedes around, although I doubt we number in the millions! ;)

Thank you for making me feel welcome!
Opus Imperatori, Homines Voluntas - a Rogue Trader campaign in Nagoya currently looking for players: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/opus-imperatori

Seb
Champion

Post by Seb » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:27 pm

Hallå Pontus, det var längesen!

I am Sebastian, you helped me with my swedish class at asahi culture center a few times. We also went to a bar in Kakuozan together and you met my wife, do you remember? It can't possible be another Pontus.

It sure is a small world, and a funny one too.

gatusamurajen
Rookie

Post by gatusamurajen » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:34 pm

Seb wrote:Hallå Pontus, det var längesen!

I am Sebastian, you helped me with my swedish class at asahi culture center a few times. We also went to a bar in Kakuozan together and you met my wife, do you remember? It can't possible be another Pontus.

It sure is a small world, and a funny one too.
Oh, of course I remember! In fact, the world is getting awfully crowded with people I know! ;)

Däremot så visste jag inte att du var inne i spelsvängen! :lol: Jisses, tänk vad man kan missa!

Jag hoppas att du mår bra i Japan! Vi får ses när jag kommer dit!

Return to “Introductions - イントロ”