Hello

All new members can introduce themselves here. If you can speak/write Japanese and English, please feel free to use both languages. 新メンバーはここで自己紹介をしてください。もし、英語と日本語を話し、書けるならどちらの言葉も自由に使って下さい。
GKTerminator
Rookie

Hello

Post by GKTerminator » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:56 am

Good morning!

My name is Ryan and I'll be coming to Japan (Misawa AB area) come August, not too far away. Currently I'm in Korea so thankfully the time zones are the same and I won't have a hella time with Jet lag.

Anyhow, a little introduction from the wargaming standpoint. I'm a 13 year veteran of Warhammer and Warhammer 40K. Currently I've got 4 40K armies (oddly enough they've all become Power Armour armies...) and One fantasy army (though with the new Tomb Kings coming out....I most likely will have 2) I haven't really gotten to play much here in Korea, my last game was about 6 months ago, so by the time I get to Japan and have the stuff to start looking for a new gaming home I'll have been out of it for nearly a year more than likely, but that doesn't mean I haven't been painting away!

I look forward to meeting any other gaming enthusiasts in Japan, and meeting up for some good gaming and better socialization!

Cheers!

Colonel Voss

Re: Hello

Post by Colonel Voss » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:55 am

Welcome. I'm sure you and our resident SM master Primarch and you will have lots to talk about.
It's easy to die in the swamp. What's hard is to staying dead.
-Alten Ashley

Iron within, Iron without

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Post by Mike the Pike » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:25 am

Hi there Ryan,
Welcome to our humble forum. There is at least one other member in the Misawa area (Gralnik603) on this forum so you won't be starved for company.
If you ever have the chance, come on down to the Midlands, where the real (black) heart of Gaming in Japan is, and you are sure to find someone up for a game.
Cheers
MTP
Morituri nolumus mori!

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:29 am

Hi Ryan,
Welcome to Nagoya Hammer.
Well, Misawa Air Base is a long way from Nagoya, but we do have some members from the Northern parts of Japan around here someplace. Obviously with the recent events in the North East, many of them haven't checked in for a while, but I'm sure that by the time you arrive things should have settled down somewhat. As for Colonel Voss's comment, I currently field 8 armies for 40k of which 6 are Marines. :lol: Power armour is awesome. :D :D :D
Feel free to join in or start threads if you want to. The more the merrier.
And if you cant get a game locally, you are always welcome to make the trip down to Nagoya and find a game.

Regards,
Primarch (aka Stuart).
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Return to “Introductions - イントロ”