End of the year/world gaming day

Please post details of any events, tournaments or big games you are planning here.
Colonel Voss

Re: End of the year/world gaming day

Post by Colonel Voss » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:20 am

@MiJ: fraid not. I'll get there in the 11 o'clock hour. gotta pick someone up at ten. That's more or less why I'm bringing my guard and retribution is so that the new kid on the block has an army. And I'll have your goodies with me.

@Jus: I was planning on just MiJ's stuff. Koji and Prim aren't ready yet (i.e. my goodies haven't arrived yet). Is there something you'd like to look at? if so I'll pack it.
It's easy to die in the swamp. What's hard is to staying dead.
-Alten Ashley

Iron within, Iron without

jus

Post by jus » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:27 am

@voss: I'd like to take a look at your wood elves battalion box we talked about, if that ok. If you bring it along, I might take them off your hands $.

Colonel Voss

Post by Colonel Voss » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:36 pm

packed
It's easy to die in the swamp. What's hard is to staying dead.
-Alten Ashley

Iron within, Iron without

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:31 pm

Colonel Voss wrote:@MiJ: fraid not. I'll get there in the 11 o'clock hour. gotta pick someone up at ten. That's more or less why I'm bringing my guard and retribution is so that the new kid on the block has an army. And I'll have your goodies with me.
cheers, chief. No worries on the 11ish arrival. I reckon me, ennui and underdweller can get a game done in that time, and be ready for you when you arrive :)

*edit* I will be arriving at Ogaki station at 9:01, and will then walk up to the venue. If ennui and underdweller are willing, we could maybe do a 3 way game? I've never tried this at wmh before, but I'd be up for it. How many points do you fancy? I'll have my iphone on the train, so you can post here or PM me for points limits and whatnot, and I can plan my list on the train maybe.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:48 pm

@MIJ: Sure, we could try a 3-way if Ennui's up for it! We have tried it a couple of times before, and the best way seems for one player to run 2 warlocks/warcasters, and the other 2 players team up with a small army each.

ennui
Veteran

Post by ennui » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:53 pm

me_in_japan wrote:
Colonel Voss wrote:@MiJ: fraid not. I'll get there in the 11 o'clock hour. gotta pick someone up at ten. That's more or less why I'm bringing my guard and retribution is so that the new kid on the block has an army. And I'll have your goodies with me.
cheers, chief. No worries on the 11ish arrival. I reckon me, ennui and underdweller can get a game done in that time, and be ready for you when you arrive :)

*edit* I will be arriving at Ogaki station at 9:01, and will then walk up to the venue. If ennui and underdweller are willing, we could maybe do a 3 way game? I've never tried this at wmh before, but I'd be up for it. How many points do you fancy? I'll have my iphone on the train, so you can post here or PM me for points limits and whatnot, and I can plan my list on the train maybe.
I've done 3-way games before (including with underdweller) and I'm always underwhelmed. One person always gets ganged up on and it doesn't seem as fun, even when you set each person's target as "the person on their right." If you and Underdweller want to play a game together, that's fine; I'm sure me and Konrad can get a game or 3 of Strange Aeons in the meantime. Then we can play a game after that.

edit: Underdweller's reply: Yes, if we have 1 person double the other 2 player's points, it can be a fun game. Count me in, in that case!

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:23 pm

Admiral-Badruck wrote:I think this is the link to Google maps..
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... 8&t=m&z=16

if that does not work I hope this helps you..

This is the coordinates
Just in case people are lost on the way.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:45 pm

ennui wrote:
Konrad wrote:@ennui
Can't say for sure which train I'll be on. I'm trying to get there as the doors open. Are you bringing Strange Aeons? I'm planning to bring my Mordhiem stuff + assorted gribblies.
And, did you see a little grey/green rectangle of of milliput. I'm looking for my skull making mold and can't find it.

I'll try to get on the same train as you, then; I'd like to be there bright and early too.

I don't see your skull mold, sorry. By the way, did you take my quick-dry super glue with you? I'll bring your stuff with me.
Looks like I'll be on the 7:35 out from Kanayama. I'll try and get in towards the front.
Can't see any glue. Don't worry about the mold, found it. :?
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:19 pm

ennui wrote:
me_in_japan wrote:

I've done 3-way games before (including with underdweller) and I'm always underwhelmed. One person always gets ganged up on and it doesn't seem as fun, even when you set each person's target as "the person on their right." If you and Underdweller want to play a game together, that's fine; I'm sure me and Konrad can get a game or 3 of Strange Aeons in the meantime. Then we can play a game after that.

edit: Underdweller's reply: Yes, if we have 1 person double the other 2 player's points, it can be a fun game. Count me in, in that case!
Cool. I'll see you both at 9:something. I guess we can work out who's playing solo at the time. Good call on the 2 vs 1 idea underdweller - I've had the same problem with 40k before and that's a neat solution.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:35 pm

So how did things go? Did you finish the 4000 point WFB game by lunchtime as planned?
Dont forget to post results in the Grand Campaign section. (That goes for the WFB game played by Jus and Tenorikuma at Joshin as well as any you may have forgotten). If it isnt posted before the 31st it wont count. :D
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Return to “Events in Japan”