Da lunch

Please post details of any events, tournaments or big games you are planning here.

What do you like in your taco?

Chicken
14%
Pork
8%
Beef
12%
Cheese
16%
Salsa
14%
Chille con carne
4%
Refried beans
10%
Guacamole
12%
Rice
8%
Chile verde
4%

Total votes: 51

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Da lunch

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:46 am

If you like something else post what you really want or do not want.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: Da lunch

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:08 am

jalapeno is bitchin good, too, in moderation. Also sour cream. In fact, when I do em, it tends to be:

chicken (wiv spices)
sour cream
salsa (home made from tommaters, onions and lime juice)
fried peppers and onions
guacamole

but the other options you have up there are good, too.

*edit* sorry - just to clarify, the above things I listed are what i put into fajitas, but I daresay I wouldnt stray much from those options if I was doing tacos.

Are you planning on cooking tacos for the entire forum, btw? Cos that's mad, that is. You'd be well within the limits of politeness to suggest that folks bring a bit of something to share around. Y'know - a coupla guys bring chicken, some bring tortillas, some bring cheese, etc, etc. Like a pot luck party, except that everybody knows their luck is gonna be taco shaped :D

If this was just a general "what do you like in tacos" question just for your own information, then disregard the previous paragraph :D You ask wierd questions sometimes :lol:
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Tenorikuma
Champion

Post by Tenorikuma » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:52 am

I agree with MiJ on the jalapeños. I also personally love black olives, but they are hard to find in Japan.

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:18 pm

You guys do not have to bring anything I am really happy to do it all. I just want folks to come and enjoy the event. If I know what people want and do not want then I can prepare.

As for what to bring I am sure there are lots of things you could bring but bringing an army and bitz boxes is more than enough.

Jalapeños will be there if I can find them.
MIJ
MIJ

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:44 pm

Tenorikuma wrote:I agree with MiJ on the jalapeños. I also personally love black olives, but they are hard to find in Japan.
I know where to get black olives for under 200 yen, I could bring a can. Admiral, don't worry about having anything special for me, like beans or whatever, if they're not a popular choice - sounds like there will be some stuff I can eat and I can always bring something as well!

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:59 pm

I have Black olives... and even though beans are not as popular as chicken right now I will be making a batch or 2 of them...
MIJ
MIJ

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:12 pm

The Underdweller wrote:
Tenorikuma wrote:I agree with MiJ on the jalapeños. I also personally love black olives, but they are hard to find in Japan.
Admiral, don't worry about having anything special for me, like beans or whatever, if they're not a popular choice - sounds like there will be some stuff I can eat and I can always bring something as well!
@ what kind of hypocrite :mrgreen: would I be if I did not bring a vegetarian menu for you when I don't drink coffee, tea or alcohol ( :oops: how crazy is that in this country :twisted: ) I will have vegetarian menu as always I think the world of your choice and it gives me great pleaser to accommodate you.
MIJ
MIJ

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:02 am

Admiral-Badruck wrote:
The Underdweller wrote:Admiral, don't worry about having anything special for me, like beans or whatever, if they're not a popular choice - sounds like there will be some stuff I can eat and I can always bring something as well!
@ what kind of hypocrite :mrgreen: would I be if I did not bring a vegetarian menu for you when I don't drink coffee, tea or alcohol ( :oops: how crazy is that in this country :twisted: ) I will have vegetarian menu as always I think the world of your choice and it gives me great pleaser to accommodate you.
Well, thanks, I always appreciate it when someone makes an extra effort for me!

I don't want people to feel obliged to do it, though, otherwise it makes me a kind of a nuisance, especially in a country where you can't just run to the supermarket and buy veggie burgers. Since I eat that way everyday, it's often easier for me to bring something than for anyone else to worry about it!

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:20 am

I've had the pleasure and the privilege to sample Admirals legendary lunches twice now and they were stonking good. Wish I could be there.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:01 pm

Man, you are awesome Badruck.

Can I have my lunch delivered the following day? :mrgreen:
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Return to “Events in Japan”