Friday the 13th part one at mondo books.

Please post details of any events, tournaments or big games you are planning here.
job
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Friday the 13th part one at mondo books.

Post by job » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:19 am

Dungeon Bowl it is!

What time should we begin? I can be there pretty early.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:28 am

I am on the train now. Should be there around 6:30 at the latest
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:53 pm

@ Underdweller: Hey, sorry that you came and nobody was there. I heard from Jose that you came earlier and split. There seems to have been some miscommunication and I guess our spot was taken up.

Still, Badruck and I had a long talk. We hung out in the Kamimaezu- Kanayama area and we had a discussion about keeping Mondo going and growing among other things.

We want to set a date for May. Is May 11th a good date for everyone? (That is the 2nd Friday of May.)
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:25 am

job wrote:@ Underdweller: Hey, sorry that you came and nobody was there. I heard from Jose that you came earlier and split. There seems to have been some miscommunication and I guess our spot was taken up.

Still, Badruck and I had a long talk. We hung out in the Kamimaezu- Kanayama area and we had a discussion about keeping Mondo going and growing among other things.

We want to set a date for May. Is May 11th a good date for everyone? (That is the 2nd Friday of May.)
Hey, thats ok, my computer is broken so I just assumed I missed something on Nagoyahammer - and its only about 5 minutes from my house. Jose said we have to book the room using Google Docs, but Im not really sure of the details... Also the shop is only half sized now, so I think we could get 2 game tables going at the most.

Anyway, most Fridays are ok for me, but next time lets pick a starting time in advance!

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:23 am

Absolutely. This month I'll be handling communication with Jose, but this is not barring other people communicating to him and Mondo. Whoever handles the communication should just make sure to keep things tight between the community and the store. They seemed irritated on that point. (And that is not saying anything about Badruck. They just seem to be very particular so I guess we will try to make it work out.)

Also is 2nd Friday of the month good from now on? Remember it will be a 500 yen cover fee that includes a cup of coffee.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:00 am

It was really messed up that he changed the booking on me. But I guess when he found out that there were only three of us coming he decided to cancel on us. I guess I did not book it properly but if he puls the kind of stuff again I think we can take the hint.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:13 am

Admiral-Badruck wrote:It was really messed up that he changed the booking on me. But I guess when he found out that there were only three of us coming he decided to cancel on us. I guess I did not book it properly but if he puls the kind of stuff again I think we can take the hint.
I agree that Jose was a little off putting, but it his store so guess we play by his rules. Anyway, during my discussion with him he seemed to express his need for closer communication. Hopefully his demands are not too much and we can work it out with him. After all, if this doesn't work we really don't have a gaming substitute, and definitely nothing so cheap and convenient. (Ikeda is an awesome guy, but The Towncryer isn't really a place to camp and play games unless Ikeda wants to open the store for such a venue. Tsumari, we shouldn't abuse our welcome there.)
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:08 am

No stairway? Denied!
You might want to try Mondo books Facebook page. I inquired about booking on there for June/July for a game of Dragon Warriors. They got back to me asking me to book using an info@Mondobooks e mail. They were happy to host my event but it needed to be booked through that e mail address. I haven't booked as yet as I couldn't drum up enough interest but we shall see.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Tenorikuma
Champion

Post by Tenorikuma » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:57 am

I should be able to make it next month.

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:18 am

@ashmie: yeah, I their Facebook page is another good way to book with them. Also they invited us to use their google docs calendar but they aren't very responsive by emails. :?
Well good luck with your Dragon Warriors event.

@ Tennorikuma: good to hear you can make it next month.

Hey everyone. What kind of board games do you like or want to play?
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Return to “Events in Japan”