Friday the 13th part one at mondo books.

Please post details of any events, tournaments or big games you are planning here.
ashmie
Wargod

Re: Friday the 13th part one at mondo books.

Post by ashmie » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:08 am

If I could make it in June I'd like to play an rpg for the day. Boardgames would be Ticket to Ride, any medieval tile placing game, Arkham Horror, Mansions of Madness or Blood Bowl.

Drakon is a very good game, tile placing dungeon crawl.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:32 am

ashmie wrote:If I could make it in June I'd like to play an rpg for the day. Boardgames would be Ticket to Ride, any medieval tile placing game, Arkham Horror, Mansions of Madness or Blood Bowl.

Drakon is a very good game, tile placing dungeon crawl.
I've never played an RPG but I'm always willing to give it a "twist of the wrist" :D

As for board games, Ticket to Ride is good fun, but we can play it via iPhones or IPads. How long does Arkhangelsk Horror take? I've heard good things and it looks fun, but I've also heard it can take awhile to resolve, or for everyone to lose as I've heard that is the usual result? :D

I'll take a look at Drakon when I get home.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Tenorikuma
Champion

Post by Tenorikuma » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:40 am

job wrote: As for board games, Ticket to Ride is good fun, but we can play it via iPhones or IPads.
I always prefer the physical game myself. :)

My German board game collection currently in Japan includes Catan and its expansions, Carcasonne, Puerto Rico, Tikal, Mystery of the Abbey (Clue on steroids), Fresko, and 7 Wonders — plus the complicated, asymmetric, and completely awesome Dune board game, which I will plan a special evening for some day.

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:04 am

That sounds like an awesome collection. Please bring them down to Mondo as I'm sure a few of use would be ready to join you in a game. :)

I'll try to collect some games to compliment what people both like and we don't have around here.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:42 am

've never played an RPG but I'm always willing to give it a "twist of the wrist" :D

As for board games, Ticket to Ride is good fun, but we can play it via iPhones or IPads. How long does Arkhangelsk Horror take? I've heard good things and it looks fun, but I've also heard it can take awhile to resolve, or for everyone to lose as I've heard that is the usual result? :D

I'll take a look at Drakon when I get home.
Perhaps I could join in June and run an rpg like Dragon Warriors or Warhammer roleplay 3rd edition. I suggest for one to two hours and after that we could play a boardgame. At the moment I've got a clean schedule so nothing planned. Keep me posted. May is out for me but after that I hope to be back once a month with a vengeance. It would be great to do a full day there. Is it just evenings they are open?
I always prefer the physical game myself. :)

My German board game collection currently in Japan includes Catan and its expansions, Carcasonne, Puerto Rico, Tikal, Mystery of the Abbey (Clue on steroids), Fresko, and 7 Wonders — plus the complicated, asymmetric, and completely awesome Dune board game, which I will plan a special evening for some day.
I don't own any of the games I suggested so it's great to hear you own these as I'd like to try them. I don't own Arkham Horror either but like Talisman you need a good 5 hours I've heard, especially if you are new to the rules.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Return to “Events in Japan”