All-Analog Gaming Weekend, Tsu, October 20-21

Please post details of any events, tournaments or big games you are planning here.
Moyashimaru
Warrior

All-Analog Gaming Weekend, Tsu, October 20-21

Post by Moyashimaru » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:53 am

Ashmie and I are hosting an All-Analog gaming weekend at my home in Tsu city, Mie on October 20-21, 2012. Gamers of all stripes are welcome.

While my first love is TRPGs, there is ample room for board games, card games and tabletop wargaming to run simultaneously under one roof. There is no strict theme for the event, but as October does lend itself to spookiness, games with a horror/creepy/scary slant are encouraged.

The event runs from noon until 21:00ish on Saturday, and from 9:00 until 19:00 on Sunday. The event schedule for each day has yet to be decided and depends almost entirely on you and what games you want to play/GM/facilitate. I will do what I can to match players

For responsible out of towners I can provide limited sleeping space (two sofa beds w/futons/sleeping bags) as well as a full bath and shower (Those looking for more comfort will find it at one of the nearby business hotels).

Cost is ¥500 per day to cover table rentals and other incidentals. Those who wish to sleep over are asked to pay a flat ¥2000, which will also include breakfast. Free coffee and tea will be available all weekend to all comers.

My house is located in the center of the city some 15-20 minutes walk from either Tsu or Tsu Shimmachi stations. We are only about five minutes walk to a grocery store, convenience store, and a few business hotels. More detailed directions will be given to confirmed attendees.

I want this to be a fun event for everyone, so if you have any suggestions or requests, don’t hesitate to share them on the Nagoyahammer forums. If you wish to attend please send me an email at jingu dot games at gmail dot com.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Moyashimaru

ashmie
Wargod

Re: All-Analog Gaming Weekend, Tsu, October 20-21

Post by ashmie » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:39 am

Brilliant Leslie. Sounds like a lot of fun already. Lets get this on the kansai Jigg as well. I'll try and promote this as much as I can between now and the event. I'd like to offer to run The One Ring (new lotr rpg from Cubicle 7) or/and Dockside Dogs. Convention style CoC play. There is alwasy Ars Magica too. Finally a system I found with a good magic system.

Well done mate. If we get even ten people to attend we will be laughing. I'll be there with bells on. ;)
All power to The Analogue Hedgehog!
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:23 pm

I'm hoping to run this on the Saturday evening in the rpg room.

Description: http://www.yog-sothoth.com/content/1094 ... r-Research

Paul Fricker (author of Gatsby & The Great Race, My Little Sister and co-author of the forthcoming 7th edition Call of Cthulhu rules) has produced a Call of Cthulhu scenario to help raise money for Cancer Research.

Dockside Dogs is a modern-day scenario for 3-6 players and includes character sheets for Mr. Beige, Mr. Purple, Mr. Black, Mr. Red, Mr. Silver and Mr. Green.

This was supposed to be a simple heist.

A group of well-dressed criminals arrive at a warehouse to rendezvous after pulling off an extraordinary crime. They know each other only by their pseudonyms - Mister Black, Mister Red, Mister Green, Mister Purple, Mister Beige, Mister Silver, Mister Grey.

The plan is simply to sit tight until midnight when someone will arrive to ferry them - and the loot - across the bay to make a final delivery to the boss. Sounds easy, right?

But things take a turn for the weird; strange things happen in and around the warehouse. Things which make the criminals doubt the allegiances of the compatriots, their own sanity, and ultimately the very nature of reality.

It is going to be a long wait for the ferryman.

Dockside Dogs is a one-shot scenario for Call of Cthulhu. Three to six players take on the roles of the well-dressed criminals, hoping against all odds that they will make it through the night.

“Anybody who is familiar with Paul's previous published scenarios will know that his work is extremely imaginative and, dare I say it, genre-expanding (certainly mind-expanding). This scenario has all those same hallmarks.” - dce

“I was lucky enough to play this scenario at Gencon a few years ago, and really, really enjoyed it - I think it was my favourite con game ever” - lordof1
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:11 am

That Saturday might be a good venue for a session of Gamma World, if'n all goes well this coming weekend. I'll keep you posted!
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Moyashimaru
Warrior

Post by Moyashimaru » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:32 pm

That would be the bees knees, ToD. Hope to see you there.

Moyashimaru
Warrior

Post by Moyashimaru » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:19 pm

Hi, Everyone,
I hope your summer has been a good one. Things are moving ahead with All-Analog 2012, so I thought it would be a good time to bring everyone up to speed, and maybe make a request or two of my own.
We have a dozen people coming right now over the weekend, with at least one person staying overnight in guest room #1. We still have room here, so if you want to stay over let me know asap. For ¥2000 you get a place to sleep (sofa bed/futon), a hot shower and breakfast in addition to two days of gaming.
We have four rooms/spaces for games. Room one (AKA guest room #1) will be for RPGs. Room two will be for tabletop wargaming (props to Ash for getting a good-sized table), room three will be for RPGs/Boardgaming and room four, the common room, will be for pickup games of Magic, Talisman, what have you. Tea (PG Tips, FYI) and coffee will be available in the common room throughout the weekend.

Some Questions
To help with scheduling, and to make this event more fun, please take a minute to answer the following questions:

Which days will you be attending?
What games / types of games do you want to play?
What games can you bring?
Are you willing to GM/Referee a particular game?
If I play one game this weekend, I want to play _________________________!

Where are we?
Paste this address in yer Google Maps and smoke it:

三重県津市25-15鳥居町
Mie-ken, Tsu-shi, 25-15 Torii-cho

We are about 20 minutes walk from the west exit of Tsu Station, or about ¥700 by taxi from the East exit. If you're driving we have room for 3-4 cars (we'll sort you out once you get here).

On foot
It is essentially a straight line from the station to my home. The last 200 meters can be a bit confusing, but we find it keeps away the riff-raff.
Walk out the West exit of Kintetsu station and straight towards the Family Mart convenience store. Follow the rail line on your left past Eisu and up the hill, where you will find the prefectural office. Cross the street at the light and turn left. Walk about ten meters to some steps. Go down the steps into the large parking lot. continue walking along the railway on your right, past the Mie Police HQ's tennis courts on your left and follow the road under the overpass. The road then bends left. Follow the road and turn right at the (Asahi?) newspaper distribution point/Coke machine. Follow that road past the gravel parking lot on the left and take the last left at the first rice field also on your left, 50m before the railway crossing. Take the first immediate left and go to the end of the short road and walk under the white-framed parking canopy. We are on the ground floor.
If there is a problem, call 059-271-7710.

We're on Facebook, so make sure to click attending if you are coming. Also cross posting a lot of info on the Mie RPG Facebook page.

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks for reading and I'll send more info when I have some.
Leslie

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:14 pm

My plan was to go play 40k on Saturday is that still on the table....
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:24 am

I was planning on coming on Saturday and GMing Gamma World, but (depending on what people want to play) I could also run something more indie like Donjon or Lacuna.
-----

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:29 am

Yes 40k can be played on Saturday. Black Powder on Sunday.
Gamma world can be either 3 until 6 or 6 until 10? Or all day if you wish, it's not so strict about times this time as we have all day and evening.
Last edited by ashmie on Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:00 am

ashmie wrote:Yes 40k can be played on Saturday? Black Powder on Sunday.
Gamma world can be either 3 until 6 or 6 until 10? Or all day if you wish, it's not so strict about times this time as we have all day and evening.
3 til 6 works better for me, since I'll be heading back to Nagoya in the evening.
-----

Return to “Events in Japan”