All-Analog Gaming Weekend, Tsu, October 20-21

Please post details of any events, tournaments or big games you are planning here.
ashmie
Wargod

Re: All-Analog Gaming Weekend, Tsu, October 20-21

Post by ashmie » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:23 am

Ok mate, let's have Gamma World from 3 then.
So that evening/morning the wargames table will be set up for anyone that wants to play plus I dare say there will be pick up boardgames and Magic running.
From 6 until 9 I'll run the reservoir dogs scenario and then it's a double bill from 10 until late for Shadows Over Scotland. The Edinburgh incident. Join a team of paranormal investigators as they stalk the city streets and catacombs for a mysterious killer hound or beast that had left a trail of victims in its wake.
Other games will be running but I'll be firmly decamped in the rpg room most of the weekend, perhaps in a suit of armour and sat in one of those jousting tents from Cair Paraval.

If anyone needs a guide I can meet folks at Tsu station from 11am on the Saturday and we can wander over to Leslie's house to start from 12. Maybe a 40k doubles game would be good to kick things off.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Moyashimaru
Warrior

Post by Moyashimaru » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:02 am

So happy/relieved we have the Admiral and ToD onboard for Saturday.
@Badruck how large a playing surface would be adequate for your 40k? And from what time would you be arriving? The morning, correct?
@ToD Saturday afternoon is fine. Is 3:00-6:00 enough, or would an extra hour be appreciated? Your call. As for the game, as tempting as Lacuna is, GW might be more of a crowd pleaser. I certainly enjoyed myself when you ran that session.
If there is demand, I might try my hand at GMing Classic Traveller/Traveller World or maybe Lady Blackbird. Guess I'm in a Firefly state of mind. Or Dread, maybe…

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:43 am

I might be able to manage a late-ish show on Saturday. That shadows over Scotland sounds like it could be a goer :)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:03 am

@ moyashimaru, I'm bringing the 4 by 6 board so that's the standard size for 40k.

@ Mij, great news. You can laugh at my poor attempts at Edinburgh accents.

@ Moyashimaru. Perhaps it's worth putting a running order together so we don't end up with loads of systems and not enough players for each, which happened at our last event. One Gm was a no show and another didn't get to run his game.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:07 am

So far it's looking like 40k and Magic running on throughout. Gamma world from the afternoon around 3 and then Cthulhu in the evening as a double bill. I can cut one of the Cthulhu games if you have something you would like to run Leslie.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:31 am

Moyashimaru wrote:@ToD Saturday afternoon is fine. Is 3:00-6:00 enough, or would an extra hour be appreciated? Your call. As for the game, as tempting as Lacuna is, GW might be more of a crowd pleaser. I certainly enjoyed myself when you ran that session.
3-6 ort to be fine for a one-shot / demo dealio, although I wouldn't mind an earlier start (if that's possible) just-in-case.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 3 infantry

Phoenix
Rookie

Post by Phoenix » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:51 pm

Just to confirm Ill be splitting the Cthulhu double bill into one game Saturday night. Shadows over Scotland. And then Dockside Dogs Sunday morning. This opens up more space for other Gms to run something.

Moyashimaru
Warrior

Post by Moyashimaru » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:53 am

All Analog 2012 Update #3
As the wise man said, the wheel in the sky keeps on turning.

Accommodations:
I’m approaching 20 attendees over the weekend, some of you coming some distance. This pleases me. I have to say I’m a little surprised by the demand for accommodations, so I’ve juggled things around and found some more floorspace.
If we forego any notion of privacy, I can fit 7-9 of you in here, evacuation center-style: Two on sofabeds, the rest on the tatami in sleeping bags or futon.
Here is a layout of the ground floor where the gaming/sleeping will take place:

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/A ... w=3aadc5d0

Now, if privacy/real sleep is going to be a concern for you and you still wish to attend, I recommend the Santoku Business Hotel 5+ minutes walk away from here. The rooms start at
¥3900 per person, although I’m not sure if breakfast is included (I believe parking is). Here’s a link

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review- ... Kinki.html

Dinner Plans changed
Dinner will be Sunday night, not Saturday, once all the dice are bagged and cards packed. Saturday night really kind of broke up the day. I figure most people came to game. Time and place remain unchanged (Italiano, 6:30), so if you still have the energy to celebrate a weekend of good gaming... goodness, welcome aboard.
Sorry if this is an inconvenience for anyone, but don’t worry; You still have my permission to eat ;)

RPG schedule
I’ll send one out in a day or two. I’m trying to arrange it to maximize participation (whatever that means) The schedule will be formatted like this:

SUNDAY
Time slot: 14:00-18:00 (four hours)
Game: Dragon Warriors
GM: Paul Harding
Scenario description: Dark medieval fantasy using a classic ruleset. An open ended story with tough choices based on the scenario "The Greatest Prize".
Number of Player Slots: 4

Cthulhu, Dragon Warriors and Gamma World so far are confirmed. If you’d like to participate or GM yourself, drop me a line and we’ll pimp your game.

But what about boardgames?
I’m talking a lot about RPGs, but you boardgamers shouldn’t feel slighted. RPGs just need a bit more TLC than rough-and-ready boardgames. More than a few of you have expressed an interest, so don’t be shy; pack up a favorite game or two and share.

If there is a particular game you’d like highlighted, like the RPG schedule example, please drop me a line and we’ll work something out.

Parking
Parking still looks good, But that will change if a bunch of folks show up in Voxys. If you’re driving please tell me the make/model of your car, so I can maximize the parking availability.

Please keep the questions and comments coming. It is shaping up to be a fun fun weekend.

Moyashimaru
Warrior

Post by Moyashimaru » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:51 am

All-Analog 2012 Update #4

Here it is, only three weeks to go until AAGW kicks off. Very much looking forward to it and having you all a part of it.

Overnighters
So far I’ve got 23 people expressing an interest in coming for at least one day of the event, with 8 of those people asking to stay. This is great! Still, I know it is a long way off for some of you, and that plans can change.
Here is a list of overnighters (first names only, with apologies)

Andrew
Ashley
Egor
Ted
Kris
Chris
Keith
Gabi

If you would like sleeping space and your name is not on the list, or your name is on the list and your plans have changed, please send a message to

allanalogDOT2012(AT)gmailDOTcom

with “(YOUR NAME): I’m (not) staying”

in the subject line as soon as you can, since I have to make preparations for your arrival. Remember, staying over is ¥2000 per person and includes hot shower and breakfast along with two days of gaming.

As for you regular attendees, it would also be nice to know what your plans are. If you are coming, please send an email to the aforementioned address with

“(YOUR NAME): SATURDAY/SUNDAY/WEEKEND

in the subject line. Attendance is ¥500 per day and includes tea, coffee, and cold shower (Am I kidding? AM I??).

Apologies for all the hoop jumping. This is the first time I’ve done something like this. I hope I can streamline the process in the future.

And now a word or two on vices...

Smokers
There will be a smoking area around back for those who need it. Please dispose of your butts and ashes in the receptacle provided, and follow common courtesy rules.

Drinkers
This probably doesn’t need mentioning, but I just want it to be clear. Moderate consumption of alcohol after 18:00 is acceptable. Getting drunk and passing out mid-game, being belligerent, etc., at any time is not. This isn’t a frat party. Apologies for the Bad Cop attitude, but my roof, my rules.

Back to our update.

Games Schedule
I’ve included an RPG schedule and list of games people have promised to bring. If you want to add one to the list, just tell me and I’ll add it to the next update.
If you want to play in a particular RPG on the schedule, send an email with

(YOUR NAME): (GAME) (TIME)

in the subject line. First come, first served, and some spaces are already gone, so act quick.

What about tabletop Wargaming?
Apologies for not talking about this more, and I hope you TTWGers don’t feel left out. We have open space for Black Powder, 40K, or whatever else your steely hearts desire, so bring your terrain and models and mash it up.

OK, that covers it for this week. More information when I have it.

“Good day and good gaming.”

Leslie

SATURDAY

Time Slot: 11:00-15:00 (four hours)
Game: Gamma World
GM: Dave
Number of player slots: 4
Scenario Description: Forthcoming

Time Slot: 15:00-19:00 (four hours)
Game: All Flesh Must Be Eaten
GM: Ted Bonnah
Scenario Description: “ENGLAND ABANDONED”. Guy Ritchie meets 28 Days Later. England lays in ruins, overrun by psychotic ‘infected’, and dispossessed Britons like you are impoverished pariahs. You have one chance at a comfortable life – sneak in to your homeland and recover ‘the product’ for a French crimelord. Requires a massive sense of humour, stomach for gore, and outrageous British accents (real or fake). I’ll be using tournament system – fulfill your victory conditions to win the game and a cheesy prize. Rated Mature.

19:00-20:00 BREAK

Time Slot: 20:00-late
Game: Call of Cthulhu
GM: Ashley Laycock
Number of player slots: 6
Scenario Description: “Shadows over Scotland” setting. Try not to get kilt.

SUNDAY
Time Slot: 10:00-14:00 (four hours)
Game: Call of Cthulhu
GM: Ashley Laycock
Scenario Description: Dockside Dogs. Tarantino takes the Pepsi Challenge with the Mythos.

Time slot: 14:00-18:00 (four hours)
Game: Dragon Warriors
GM: Paul Harding
Number of Player Slots: 4
Scenario description: Dark medieval fantasy using a classic ruleset. An open ended story with tough choices based on the scenario "The Greatest Prize".

Other (depending on demand) RPGs include:

Lacuna
Fiasco (Bookhounds of London, Salem 1692, Dragon Slayers, and Camp Death playsets)
Classic Traveller
Lady Blackbird
Don’t Rest Your Head

An incomplete list of Board and Card Games (owner)

Settlers of Catan w/ 5-6 player expansion (Leslie)
Talisman (Leslie)
Zombies!!! (Leslie)
Guillotine (Leslie)
Castle Ravenloft (John S.)
Arkham Horror (John S.)
Zombicide (James from Nara)
Dixit Odyssey (James from Nara)
Magic: The Gathering (Jesse)
Dominion (Jesse)
Android (Egor)
Battlestar Galactica (Egor)
Pocket-box Ogre/WW2 reskin (Leslie)
Zombie Dice (Leslie)

Tabletop Wargaming
Black Powder
Warhammer 40K

Moyashimaru
Warrior

Post by Moyashimaru » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:47 am

We have a blog now. Get further information and updates about the All Analog games weekend by going to

http://allanablog.blogspot.jp/

I will paste the link here whenever it is updated. Please leave any comments questions or criticism there.

Return to “Events in Japan”