See Tsu Games Weekend 2013 thread for new event.

Please post details of any events, tournaments or big games you are planning here.
YellowStreak
Legend

Re: Tsu games day 2013. March 2nd and 3rd.

Post by YellowStreak » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:16 am

ashmie wrote:@ Yellowstreak

No worries. This will probably be the last event of its kind before October with Leslie's weekend. Due to lack of interest on the rpg and boardgames ill probably keep it local smaller scale after March but you are more than welcome to join in future. Hope to see you later on.
Thanks! I'd have loved to play some V&V. Ah well!
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:21 am

No sweat there is always next year if we can Jon out to GM. He makes a yearly appearance at the tsu rpg festival as it is/was previously known.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:50 am

Dear gamers and friends,
Can I get a headcount of who will be attending the RPG and boardgames festival on March 2nd and 3rd in Tsu? We have a big venue booked this year but once again it's been like herding cats. Please let me know either way if you can or can't attend as if there is a lack of interest I'll call it this time around and cancel. Sad to do that though as this will be our third anniversary. If we can get at least 10 people in attendance it will be worth our while, and mine for organising. Thanks all.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Tenorikuma
Champion

Post by Tenorikuma » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:54 am

I'm planning to come, hoping to try The One Ring and some boardgames. The wife may or may not come.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:40 am

I may be able to make the Sunday. I'd be bringing battle for alabaster (which I hope to receive this weekend. Tis in customs just now...)

Incidentally, if worst comes to worst and you do decide to cancel, you'd be welcome to come round my gaff and play some BfA or 40k that day, Ash :)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:56 am

I'm going to try and block off a day to make it down..
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Primarch_Vanguard
Veteran

Post by Primarch_Vanguard » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:52 pm

I was really looking forward to making it down but I'll have my daughter and can't make it. Sorry. Hope you have some wicked games.
The one, the only.

Putting foot to butt all over the universe.

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:17 am

by Primarch_Vanguard on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:52 pm
I was really looking forward to making it down but I'll have my daughter and can't make it. Sorry.
Ok in that case Admiral will need a 40k opponent and Ill cut the wargames down to one table seeing as you requested more tables initially. No probs. ;)

Ok so possibly a quieter event this year but the Sunday should be busier. So the event will go ahead both days and game lineup is as follows.

Saturday: The One Ring rpg. Hosted by Ash from the morning.
4 player slots.
40k open table with the Admiral
Magic the gathering table hosted by Jesse.
Advanced Heroquest.
Space Hulk.

Sunday: Villains and Vigilantes superhero Rpg hosted by John
Maximum 5 players
Battle for Alabaster with Dave
Advanced Heroquest

Thanks guys. On to promoting, see if we can get some new players involved. Please invite anyone with interest in the hobby.

Happy gaming.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:50 am

Just to be 100% clear, I plan to come for about half the time on the Sunday. I likely won't be able to stay all day, but I'm flexible with regards morning/afternoon/overlap. I'm keen to play Battle for Alabaster (a new board game which I Kickstarted). Not having received my box yet (but anticipate getting it in the next few days) I can't say exactly how it plays, but I believe it's a tad more complex than Space Hulk, but not as complex as 40k or similar. It's kinda hi-tech marines with pulse rifles and whatnot, investigating a mysteriously-incommunicado space research facility. The other faction is nano-zombies, which can be easily mowed down at first, but can infect the marines, and also mutate into bigger nasties. I'm quite looking forward to it, and I very much hope somebody will give me a chance to try it out :) As a board game, of course, I have everything required to play it. This is not a pitch to try to get you into a new tabletop game 8-)

If folks could let me know if they're interested, and if they have any preference for time slot, I'd be much obliged.

*edit* oh, and for those who don't know already, I'm the Dave Ashmie referred to in his previous post :)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Tsu RPG and boardgames festival 2013. March 2nd and 3rd.

Post by job » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:41 am

Okay, I'll come down on Saturday. I hope to play some 40k, after PV gets his chance and play Jesse at Magic. Hopefully I can join a board game also.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Return to “Events in Japan”